Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2014 R/T in December, and a few days after I bought it the screen started dimming to the point where I can’t see it. It’s impossible to see the screen during the day and I can hardly see it during the night when it dims. I tried the screen off/on button, all the buttons in the steering wheel and even all the buttons on the screen itself but it makes no difference The screen will only turn back on if I shut the engine off completely and turn it back on, but will dim down again after a few minutes. Does anyone have the same problems?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I know you said you have tried all the buttons, but have you tried the interior light dimmer that's on the dash...left of the steering wheel? I know that adjusts the brightness of my screen when the headlights are on, but unsure about during the day.

I bought a 2014 R/T in December, and a few days after I bought it the screen started dimming to the point where I can’t see it. It’s impossible to see the screen during the day and I can hardly see it during the night when it dims. I tried the screen off/on button, all the buttons in the steering wheel and even all the buttons on the screen itself but it makes no difference The screen will only turn back on if I shut the engine off completely and turn it back on, but will dim down again after a few minutes. Does anyone have the same problems?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First of all thanks, and wow that was a fast response. And yes I tried the dimmer next to the auto/on/off headlight selector with no results.

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
That doesnt sound good at all. Get it back in quickly
STEVE

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nothing yet, I'll have to take it in to the dealer (unfortunately). Pretty much now the answer from them.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Second time this issue has been reported recently. Another new member @falconeddie reported the same issue yesterday.

Good luck @comram

- Danny

·
Registered
469 Posts
Did you try adjusting it in the UConnect's settings? Controls>Settings>Display... The first three options have to do with the screen brightness. The first option you can choose between day, night, or auto brightness. If you choose night or day you can adjust the brightness with one of the other two settings.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, I tried adjusting everything but it didn’t work. I took it to the dealer and they ordered a new unit for me. I’ll post the results after I get the new one installed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Same thing just started happening with mine! Actually, it didn't just start. I just don't drive it enough to figure out it was a consistent problem.

Have y'alls problems been solved by a replace?
JB

1 - 12 of 12 Posts