Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the last 2 weeks my 2014 Durango RT intermittently won't start. The brake pedal is difficult to push, all accessories will come on, but it will not turn over. The first two times I had luck with pushing the start button 5 times, allowing the gauges to come on, pressing the brake and holding the start button. The last two times this sequence did not work. This morning I finally got it to start by putting it in neutral using the lever in the center console and got it to the dealership. Initial messages included “service EBS” and “check engine light”. After starting in neutral, “service transmission” is showing up. She has 68,000 miles on her and drives beautifully when she starts. Any help is greatly appreciated! I’m still under extended warranty...so fingers crossed!

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
DblA:
Have the battery load tested to rule it out. If you have warranty, let the dealer figure it out.

Don

·
Registered
33 Posts
Does it start fine in N? If so, Try starting in each and every gear. It should NOT start in any gear other than P and N. If it does this would indicate to me anyway that your gear shift cable is bad or out of adjustment. If it starts fine in N but not P I am thinking the same thing. If it is starting just fine in N I think that rules out a battery issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In the last 2 weeks my 2014 Durango RT intermittently won't start. The brake pedal is difficult to push, all accessories will come on, but it will not turn over. The first two times I had luck with pushing the start button 5 times, allowing the gauges to come on, pressing the brake and holding the start button. The last two times this sequence did not work. This morning I finally got it to start by putting it in neutral using the lever in the center console and got it to the dealership. Initial messages included “service EBS” and “check engine light”. After starting in neutral, “service transmission” is showing up. She has 68,000 miles on her and drives beautifully when she starts. Any help is greatly appreciated! I’m still under extended warranty...so fingers crossed!
Can you share what the resolution was on this issue. I'm having the same problem now, but am not in warranty.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Following as well. Am interested in the resolution. Experiencing similar issues with my 14 r/t and vehicle currently at dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am wondering the same thing....mine will start now but wont go into gear and is flashing the park sifn at me saying service engine

1 - 7 of 7 Posts