Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year i kept hearing a rattling noise under the dash for a few weeks and then one day the air conditioning stopped working completely- drivers, passengers and rear. All three only blow hot air, no matter the settings. I have disconnected the battery to reset computer to no avail.
I had a 2011 durango base model, had an issue with the drivers hot and passengers blowing cold- that turned out to be a blend door actuator. Could this be the same issue? Seems weird that all three blow hot when ac on.
any ideas or help would be appreciated!
Is there a blend door that controls cold and hot air flow prior to the individual blend doors for driver/passenger/rear?
Also the cool seat feature does not work on front and rear seats. The heat feature does work on all seats.

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
1,855 Posts
I doubt the seats and AC are related. The cooled seats is just a fan. Have you had the AC system checked? It sounds like the compressor isn't running or the system is tripping the high or low pressure switches which will turn the compressor off. I'm not sure what the rattle is or how it's related.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts