Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just bought a set of 22"X10" D'Centi DW29s for my 14 Durango with a +30 offset. Problem is they wobble like crazy. I have had them balanced 6 times so far and they still wobble. I had the rim shop swap the front and back and it still does it. I took it to another shop and had them check the alignment and it was ok. Took it to the dealer and they said the rims had too much offset for the vehicle and it was throwing off the front end compensation. Basically, the truck thinks its under a huge load and is trying to compensate for it. I took it back to the rim shop and they put a brand new set of rims and tires on the D. Still does it. We put 24" rims on it, still does it. Put the stocks back on and its ok. We ordered a brand new set of 22" rims with the exact size height as the factory and it still shakes. This has everyone clueless on what in the heck is going on. Dodge says there is nothing wrong with the front end and that is true with the factory wheels installed. Just wondering if anyone else out there has a set of 22" or 24" rims installed that are having the same issue. And if anyone does have rims installed, can you give me the detailed info on what size, width, offset they are? I need some help with this as my brand new rims are sitting in my garage until we can figure out whats going on...
Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yikes, that's unfortunate. I should have some out on this week (I Hope!). I know there's a couple people on here with 22s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Is the offset necessary or did you do it just for looks? Why not get the same offset as stock on this style rim and try that. If the wobble is gone at that point, then you have fixed the problem.

·
Premium Member
28,308 Posts
What kind of tires do you have?
What size are the tires?
Are these new rims HUB CENTRIC like the stockers?
STEVE

·
Registered
714 Posts
Just taking a chance here, but factory rims have an indentation designed to fit over the star washers used to hold the brake rotors on during assembly; most after market rims do not have this indentation. Might try removing the star washers from the lugs and see if that solves your issue. Won't hurt a thing if you remove the washers, and might solve the issue. Very easy thing to overlook, and even tho they are pretty thin, might be enough to cause some wobble.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
^^^^very good point!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Just taking a chance here, but factory rims have an indentation designed to fit over the star washers used to hold the brake rotors on during assembly; most after market rims do not have this indentation. Might try removing the star washers from the lugs and see if that solves your issue. Won't hurt a thing if you remove the washers, and might solve the issue. Very easy thing to overlook, and even tho they are pretty thin, might be enough to cause some wobble.
If that were the issue it would be present with ANY wheel. I have 22x9 w/ +38 offset, no issues. There are different balancing machines out there, for larger rims they must use the high quality one. I don't remember types, but when I got my wheels I asked about the balancing, have heard of issues on 22's. Maybe take them somewhere else to have balanced? Do some google searches to find out what machine. Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts