Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a new '14 Citadel last month and absolutely LOVE it! Only issue I've experienced thus far is with the automatic climate control. It appears to be running very warm. I've never had to adjust auto climate settings so much as with my new DD. Is anyone else noticing this? I literally have to set it to 64 to cut down the heat. Just curious.... Thanks for any feedback!

·
Registered
469 Posts
It's been mainly cold since I got my R/T so I've had the temp set to HI. But there is a huge delay when adjusting it to a lower temp and that can be annoying. To better explain, imagine the air in the cabin being too hot, so you lower the temp setting one degree. There's no change, the air is still hot, so you lower it another degree. There's such a delay that you keep going lower and lower until, when it finally decides to work and start cooling down, the temp you have it on is actually too cold.

I figure it's something to do with the UConnect because there are times where the UConnect itself is laggy. I've read on here about a software update but, from what I've read, it was mainly an update to add apps with just a few minor bug issues fixed.

Maybe try calling your dealer with the problem and see if they have a fix in mind. Update us on what you find out.

·
Registered
654 Posts
my 2014 r/t, the auto climate runs very warm as well, i have mine at 68, feels hotter then 75 in my other cars

·
Super Moderator
12,775 Posts
My '14 GC seems to run warm as well, I usually keep it around 64-65 when I'd keep my '07 at 68-69..

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mine was doing this also, I told the dealer about it last time I was there and they replaced a sensor and it has been much better since. The repair order listed "replace sun sensor 5111275AA"

·
Registered
40 Posts
Exact same problem here. When I want just outside air on a 40 degree day, I turn it to low and it stays much warmer than outside air. When I want heat, I have to turn temp very low to be comfortable.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Mine was doing this really bad you would move the temp from 60f to 63f and heat would come out that would feel like 80f, I had them replace the radio for black screen issue.
The problem improved maybe 50% but I still feel the temp controls are not up to normal standard.

·
Registered
78 Posts
My dealer told me today that's just the way the Durango works and nothing can be done to change it.

I think the dealer is giving you a BS answer to lazy to find root cause. You see that a lot at dodge service centers some things are too complex seems they don't have proper training.

·
Super Moderator
12,775 Posts
Did some long trips in the '14 GC this weekend, and it seems like it settles in to more normal temperatures after a while..

Also figured out that (at least on mine) some hot air comes out the dash vents.. when I closed those off it seemd to behave a bit better..

...tom

·
Registered
56 Posts
My dealer told me today that's just the way the Durango works and nothing can be done to change it.
After my dealer replaced a sensor mine has been working great.

·
Registered
445 Posts
It might be a little hot on mine, but my body temp runs high anyhow. What bothers me is front defrost...when I turn it on, fan goes to high and it blows HOT 90* air, doesn't blow what the temp set point is! I turn the fan down, but after a couple minutes the air is so stuffy that I can't breathe! I assumed the D is designed that way, but after hearing these issues I'm not so sure now.

·
Registered
469 Posts
It might be a little hot on mine, but my body temp runs high anyhow. What bothers me is front defrost...when I turn it on, fan goes to high and it blows HOT 90* air, doesn't blow what the temp set point is! I turn the fan down, but after a couple minutes the air is so stuffy that I can't breathe! I assumed the D is designed that way, but after hearing these issues I'm not so sure now.
Mine does the same thing. I assume it's to defog/defrost quickly so you don't have to have it on for long. I will say I like how I can press that button, it blasts the air to get the job done, and on the second press to turn it off it returns to the same settings as before--no messing around and tweaking settings at all.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Sometimes I like/need to run it consistently at moderate temp to keep from re-fogging. I can't do that now b/c I can't breathe!
I had that problem this morning, it kept fogging up over and over and I cannot stand hot air blowing on my face. I had to crack the windows to dry out the air in the cabin; it worked and wasn't cold with the vent on the floors blasting.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
It drives me nuts that defrost is always on with the setting being on floor only! Why, why??? I hate it

·
Registered
469 Posts
It drives me nuts that defrost is always on with the setting being on floor only! Why, why??? I hate it
You should be able to turn it off if it's set just to the floor... If you can't something is wrong.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Agreed. When on defrost, it disables airflow to other zones, unless you select the defrost/floor mode from the screen. Are you hitting the defrost button? and I mean the actual push button to the right of the fan knob.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Related question...we have 2014 citadel and the steering wheel and drivers seat heats up automatically. Is their a way to modify this through the car menus or do you have to change at dealership. Also, dealership list one of the fobs....are they assigned to a particular seat memory assignment?

Thanks,

BK

1 - 20 of 22 Posts