Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Durango Citadel with a Hemi and only 69k miles. I hardly ever drive it. About 2 months ago the rear ac went out. Like totally out. Wont blow anything. I then noticed my rear heated seats and back up camera and sensors all went out as well. I did some research- swapped the fuses, I tore the back apart and checked the blower motor, and nothing worked. So I took it to a local mechanic and told him everything I did, he had it for 2 weeks and said it’s a computer problem and he can’t get into the computer to communicate with it. Seems odd since it’s a 2013 and by no means new. So now I am stuck and my next idea is taking it to a dealer but I’d really like to avoid the insane bill there is possible. Has anyone else experienced this??

·
Registered
2017 AWD durango GT 3.6
489 Posts
Could it be some critters gnawed at some wires? Cars that sit outside (or even garages) for periods of time fall victim to critter infestation. Or it could be a corroded harness connector.

Are there any codes stored on the HVAC module? For that you need a decent code reader like OBDlink MX+ or alfaobd software paired with an obd interface.

I recently discovered a chipmunk was starting to nest under my GTs engine cover, fortunately only the foam on the cover was gnawed at and not the injector wires.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could it be some critters gnawed at some wires? Cars that sit outside (or even garages) for periods of time fall victim to critter infestation. Or it could be a corroded harness connector.

Are there any codes stored on the HVAC module? For that you need a decent code reader like OBDlink MX+ or alfaobd software paired with an obd interface.

I recently discovered a chipmunk was starting to nest under my GTs engine cover, fortunately only the foam on the cover was gnawed at and not the injector wires.
I did check for critters but no sign of anything. Follow all the wires I could, lifted the engine cover and checked the insulator. Those are usually the main things they go after. Didn’t see any droppings or any other evidence.

The mechanic I took it to in town said the computer wouldn’t let him in and I’d need to take it to a Certified dodge mechanic. He didn’t mention anything about any codes either.

I will probably bite the bullet and just take it to the dealer here. I mean heck, I can live without the back up camera and sensors but the rear ac is a must have. I live in the south and it’s way too hot and humid not to have it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts