Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about a month ago our Durango was keyed while we were in the store shopping. what a surprise to come out and see!
We decided instead of going with a factory paint job that we would take the insurance money and get a custom paint job done.
after a week of searching we decided to go with the Tow Hook paint scheme. Not our Durango.

IMG_4730.jpg

The paint we chose was House Of Kolor Tangelo Pearl PBC32

PBC32-lg.jpg

Here are a few pics of the process so far. We are also having the tail lights, third brake light and fog lights tinted.
I will update once I get more pics of the primer, sealer and final paint.

IMG_20140715_153517_793.jpg IMG_20140714_165439_854.jpg IMG_20140715_153524_791.jpg IMG_20140728_140721_229.jpg IMG_20140728_140734_607.jpg IMG_20140728_140747_922.jpg

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you don't mind, both. Just curious.
So our insurance paid us for the damage which came out to $4000. The estimate for everything is $5500. That includes the deductible. The paint, sealer, clear was an extra $700 but some of that cost will be eaten because we aren't using the factory paint and clear. So out of pocket it's going to run us about $2000.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's well worth it. I'm tired of seeing blacked out durango R/T's every where we go lol

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
So our insurance paid us for the damage which came out to $4000. The estimate for everything is $5500. That includes the deductible. The paint, sealer, clear was an extra $700 but some of that cost will be eaten because we aren't using the factory paint and clear. So out of pocket it's going to run us about $2000.
Man, that is not bad at all given what happened. It will look amazing. On the otherhand, the person who keyed your truck will find a special place in hell for him.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah it pissed us off at first but then we again we can't be too pissed because we are getting a full custom paint for peanuts. Sadly the jams won't be painted till a later time. We want to see if it's that big of a deal without the jams matching. We figure the whole interior is black. Why open the door and see some orange too..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I always like a nice blacked out "D".........
Yeah it was really cool at first then more started to pop up and we just kinda blended into the crowd. I like jaw droppers. I'm an attention whore lol. Can you post a pic of yours? I can barely see your avatar

·
Registered
436 Posts
Not that this particularly on topic, but I've often wondered what a new D would look like in Dodge Viper Copperhead paint. I've always loved copper colored vehicles.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ripped my hair out trying to figure out a color. You should see how many paint samples we have lying around the house. We did look at a few copper colors but they just didn't pop like the tangelo did. I admit, it's an extremely brought color but I'm hoping it will turn out show worthy.

·
Super Moderator
2,274 Posts
that's gonna look awesome. maybe someone will key my car on accident...:roll:

·
Administrator
28,310 Posts
Gonna Look Great
Keep posting progress
STEVE

·
Super Moderator
2,274 Posts
It wasn't pretty. They wrapped it all the way around the Durango. Front and rear bumper included.
I know the feeling. Had it happen years ago to me, but stayed with the oem paint

·
Super Moderator
2,274 Posts
People do dumb things. They don't care how it effects others. Even going stock, we are out $500 for the deductible
Deductibles are easily lost when you drink beers with the body shop owner. :D. I've been lucky enough to know my guy for 20+ years, and we have an agreement that he loses deductibles and I pay for a night of barley sodas.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Deductibles are easily lost when you drink beers with the body shop owner. :D. I've been lucky enough to know my guy for 20+ years, and we have an agreement that he loses deductibles and I pay for a night of barley sodas.
For sure. I'm glad I'm good friends with the shop manager at our dodge dealership

1 - 20 of 69 Posts