Dodge Durango Forum banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Dodge Durango RT
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Yeah I’m going over everything today and it doesn’t seem like it’s the same plug . There’s a few plugs I’m unsure about so far . But I didn’t have a motor in the Durango when I bought it. So I didn’t get to unplug any of it to know where it all went. It’s soooooo close ! There’s maybe 4-5 wires I’m unsure of .
Hummmmm well the 5.7 Wiring harness on my 2012 plugged right up to it... there were a few cables I had to extend just to make them longer...but they all worked ok. Now with that being said my 6.4l was out of a 2012 model vehicle... so if yours is newer you might run into one or two issues.

·
Registered
2014 Durango RT 392
1,275 Posts
Hey Tony When you get some time..if you can get me a link to that short runner lockout control kit would you send it to me brother? I would appreciate it. I looked on MMX website but all I see is the lock out and the wiring extension cable for like $75 bucks... is that what your talking about?

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive design

·
Registered
2012 Dodge Durango RT
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
My source was a 2013 charger . Which wires need to be extended? The throttle? Any others and thanks for your help Tim.
Also the MAP sensor wire that goes on the back of the intake manifold... and the only other one was there is a ground cap that goes on the passenger side of the block right under the exhaust manifolds... that wire was not long enough so I extended them... I did this by taking the tape and wire loom off the wiring harness and pulling the wires I needEd..then putting the wire loom and tape back on.

·
Registered
2014 Durango RT 392
1,275 Posts
This is a RWD right? This is the same thing I did to my 2014 RWD back in 2020. I love it and contrary to popular belief, you will have no problem hooking up if you don’t have load leveling shocks. I was fortunate enough to have the use of a lift, so I was able to drop the sub-frame which made it super easy.

·
Registered
2012 Dodge Durango RT
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Yes mine is RWD. I am excited about getting this sucker on the road.. I cut the exhaust mount ears off the other cats... so I could have someone weld them onto the 3 inch pieces Today that I got from summit racing.. so I could at least drive this thing with the stock exhaust. Until I get the stainless works 3 inch in

·
Registered
2014 Durango RT 392
1,275 Posts
Yes mine is RWD. I am excited about getting this sucker on the road.. I cut the exhaust mount ears off the other cats... so I could have someone weld them onto the 3 inch pieces Today that I got from summit racing.. so I could at least drive this thing with the stock exhaust. Until I get the stainless works 3 inch in
I don’t know if you have looked at my YouTube, but I have an install video on the Stainless Works system. I ran with the 2.5” Corsa at first, but it was too quiet.

·
Registered
2012 Dodge Durango RT
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I don’t know if you have looked at my YouTube, but I have an install video on the Stainless Works system. I ran with the 2.5” Corsa at first, but it was too quiet.
I have looked at all your YouTube stuff a long time back..actually that’s why I bought this 392 because it motivated to do this ... I figured instead of putting all that money into rebuilding the 5.7 I would drop this 392 in and get some gap insurance on those R/T 5.7...

·
Registered
2012 Dodge Durango RT
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Car Fixture Automotive design Vehicle Personal luxury car

Automotive lighting Table Stool Chair Font
Thoughts???
My wife and I made these, I took off the head rest and took out the stitching.. we used our embroidery machine then I hand stitched the red stitching back in.

·
Registered
17 Posts
build is looking really good Tim ! what tune did you end up going with ? I got mine running also now but its long tube headers and catless mids . My exhaust should be here Thursday I went with stainless works long tubes and borla atak cat back but I still need a tune

·
Registered
2012 Dodge Durango RT
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Well I haven’t put a tune in it yet just because I get that exhaust on Wednesday so I will probably do that sometime later this week… keep me posted on what you do with that… I do have a local speed shop here that is very interested in putting a tune in it… simply because they do a lot of race cars and fast street cars however have never had the opportunity to do a Durango 392 swap.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Durango RT AWD
111 Posts
I'm not an experienced tuner by any means, but it's probably a good idea to go with someone who has experience in the specific platform, no? Someone who knows the pitfalls and what to look out for. Don't want all your hard work to blow up during the learning process

Well I haven’t put a tune in it yet just because I get that exhaust on Wednesday so I will probably do that sometime later this week… keep me posted on what you do with that… I do have a local speed shop here that is very interested in putting a tune in it… simply because they do a lot of race cars and fast street cars however have never had the opportunity to do a Durango 392 swap.

·
Registered
2012 Dodge Durango RT
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
build is looking really good Tim ! what tune did you end up going with ? I got mine running also now but its long tube headers and catless mids . My exhaust should be here Thursday I went with stainless works long tubes and borla atak cat back but I still need a tune
I'm not an experienced tuner by any means, but it's probably a good idea to go with someone who has experience in the specific platform, no? Someone who knows the pitfalls and what to look out for. Don't want all your hard work to blow up during the learning process
well I should probably rephrase and be more specific… they do a lot of Dodge 392 and 5.7 Hemi street car tuning… it would be a dyno run before and after and they also build drag cars… guys bring in cars from other states to these guys…. Trust me I would not just let a couple good old boys start messing with all my hard work… ha.. but I do see where your coming from for sure..

·
Registered
2012 Dodge Durango RT
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 · (Edited)
I will say this… even without the tune and the 3 inch exhaust yet… this thing is a beast as compared to the 5.7 I mean don’t get me wrong I loved the 5.7 Hemi in it but when you let this thing eat it is a very noticeable difference… so with that being said I would encourage anyone out there who is thinking about doing this to DO IT.. I did it my way in my garage with no lift and got it done. But if you have access to a lift ..like I know Tony H did his 2014 DD by dropping out the sub frame and he said that was not bad at all either in fact it was pretty easy. There are some hurdles to jump but anyone with some mechanical skills and determination can probably get this done.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'm on the hunt for a pull out 392 for that reason. The one in my charger was a beast and I miss the power badly. Glad to see it's up and running.

·
Registered
2012 Dodge Durango RT
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
I'm on the hunt for a pull out 392 for that reason. The one in my charger was a beast and I miss the power badly. Glad to see it's up and running.
Thanks brother good luck to you.. I just sold my charger.. I wasn’t looking to sell it I loved that thing and so did my wife but I plugged in the info on that dang carvana and they gave me more than I paid for it three years ago… no brainer I had to let it go.. I mean I did have this Durango almost done but that just motivated my rear to get the Durango finished lol

·
Registered
2012 Dodge Durango RT
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Not yet,,, ordered the Hemi fever tune but have not got it yet… i can’t wait to get that thing and wake this sucker up

41 - 60 of 66 Posts