Dodge Durango Forum banner
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Dodge Durango RT
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Yes I did use the 5.7 trans gasket... because if your going to use the starter I suspect you have to use the 5.7 trans gasket Because that 6.4 starter is on the opposite side of the engine.. Yes it closed the gaps all the way around the block but I still have a very small gap down by the oil pan... and there is no where to put the two bottom bolts in.. so not real sure we can do a whole lot about it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ok got you I’ll have to do that. If you can’t think of a solution (which I’m also going to look ) but there’s a fab shop next door to my shop so I can have any bracket made to help close it up. I’ll keep you posted on that. Any other issues installing motor for you ?

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,264 Posts
You should probably use SRT tranny as it will fit properly.

Reactions: SirManny

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,264 Posts
Use an SRT trans and driveshaft from a Durango.

·
Registered
2012 Dodge Durango RT
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Yes there was a lot to using the srt trans in our Durango’s.... once you get into a 2015 or newer Durango..maybe might be easier... because of paddle shifting and all that other crazy stuff. However like srtClone I did kick that idea around. But I still wanna keep my Durango like it was... when it comes to transmission and rear end because I drive it every day and pull my boat and our side by sides with it.

·
Registered
2012 Dodge Durango RT
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I am working on the bottom radiator hose and pluming all that in... since the 5.7 didn’t have the small hose going to the oil filter I am just fixing that today gonna pull the pin and start it up once I get this radiator in...

·
Registered
2012 Dodge Durango RT
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Also gonna put in my fuel shutdown to keep anyone from taking my 392 .... these 392 Durango’s and hellcat Durango’s are stolen all the time and this will prevent them from driving off with it.
Watch Telephony Communication Device Telephone Gadget

Its really a battery isolator switch they use in boats however you can use it for exterior lighting on your vehicle that you want to turn on and off with the remote without getting in and out of the car... It’s a pretty cool gadget

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am working on the bottom radiator hose and pluming all that in... since the 5.7 didn’t have the small hose going to the oil filter I am just fixing that today gonna pull the pin and start it up once I get this radiator in...
Nice I’m like a day behind you I’ll be working on that part this weekend. I’ll post some pics up soon

·
Registered
2012 Dodge Durango RT
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Well radiator is in and ac condenser and I fired it up .. starts up just fine and seems to run just fine. It load because I still don’t have the exhaust connected but she’s a runner at this point.

·
Registered
2014 Durango RT 392
1,275 Posts
MMX makes a SRV control kit. Not sure if it will work on a 2012. You will be missing over 30 whp with the lockout plate. I have before and after dyno numbers to prove it.

·
Registered
2012 Dodge Durango RT
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Well I will for sure be looking into that... I got that short runner lockout because I watched your video on it and knew I needed it...lol... it gets the engine in and running but I will definitely look into that SRV control kit...

·
Registered
2012 Dodge Durango RT
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I did not change it. Does your wiring harness not plug up to it? Or is there some other reason I don’t know about yet?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah I’m going over everything today and it doesn’t seem like it’s the same plug . There’s a few plugs I’m unsure about so far . But I didn’t have a motor in the Durango when I bought it. So I didn’t get to unplug any of it to know where it all went. It’s soooooo close ! There’s maybe 4-5 wires I’m unsure of .

·
Registered
2012 Dodge Durango RT
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
MMX makes a SRV control kit. Not sure if it will work on a 2012. You will be missing over 30 whp with the lockout plate. I have before and after dyno numbers to prove it.
Hey Tony When you get some time..if you can get me a link to that short runner lockout control kit would you send it to me brother? I would appreciate it. I looked on MMX website but all I see is the lock out and the wiring extension cable for like $75 bucks... is that what your talking about?

21 - 40 of 66 Posts