Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I have a 2012 DODGE Durango R/T that the AWD system quit working last year. It hasn't really been a major concern until now as this was just a spare vehicle for the wife and I to use when our other vehicles were being serviced, etc... But now I want to gift it to my teenage daughter but I need to get the AWD working properly. I did some simple troubleshooting like fuses, switch, motor, etc.. but nothing is jumping out at me. I applied 12VDC directly to the transfer case motor and could hear it engage so I know that is not the issue (I assume). I went the cheap route and purchased a new center console switch as the one that was in there had some rust issues on the PCB board probably from the wife spilling her coffee on it many times back when it was her daily driver. But to no avail the system is still not engaging. I know that there is an encoder on the transfer case but I am unsure how to check that. I plugged in a code reader but did not get any codes related to the drive system. Very frustrating as this doesn't seem that complicated.

Any advise other than take it to the dealer?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts