Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday my wifes 2012 Citadel started acting crazy. Every warning light & error message lit up while driving & the wipers started going automatically even though the knob for them was in the off position & there was no way to turn them off. Luckily we were almost home so I could try & "diagnose" it.

After we got home. Turned the car off & let it sit for 10 minutes. When I went to start it up, all warning lights came back up & wipers start going again but this time it wouldnt let me shift out of park. Says that the key was not found & to press the brake to push to start even though the car was already running. Obviously it had to have sensed the key since it turned on right? Tried turning it off & on a few times but same thing everytime. I decided to try & shift out of park before any of the messages/lights came on. That worked as far as getting it out of park anyways. Took it for a spin around the block just to see if anything else was affected. Noticed that none of the gauges were working, blinkers wouldnt work & it wasnt shifting out of 1st. Got back home, disconnected battery, took it to test & it came back good. Reconnected battery. Tried to start it up again & now it wont even do that. Getting "Press the clutch to push to start" Its an automatic!!! There is no clutch to press. Have checked every fuse possible. They are all good. I dont know what else to try. Someone told me it probably the BCM but i dont know. Ive also tried looking for the location of the BCM on this model Durango & have had no luck finding it either. Does anyone know where exactly its located?? Any ideas, thoughts & inputs are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,593 Posts
If you have a sunroof you may have clogged drain tubes that allow water into the left kick panel electronics. Also a leaking cowl can allow that. All from others' experiences here. This is if you have had recent rain or a car wash before this happened.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts