Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, first off thanks for all of the great content that y'all have posted over the years. Has been a huge help to me. Here is my first post and I am asking for help, I will try to pay it forward!

Background:
2011 V8 Crew AWD
2 new fobiks approximately 2 months old
No problems until a couple weeks ago.

Car would startup right away using push button or remote start.

One day it would not start and fobiks would not work to unlock doors/lift gate etc. Replaced batteries on fobiks, did not help. I don't get a "key not recognized or found" message but the car does not see the key at all. Nav screen won't come on, no attempt to crank, no lock unlock, nada.

Read on the forums someone suggested removing fuse M27 for a few seconds (starter/ignition) which I did and that worked or so I thought. Replaced fuse, tried remote start and it started right up.

Next day, it would not start. Tried fuse trick again, did not work that time.

Checked the connection on the key sensor module under trim piece by rear gate (forum suggestion). Solid connection there.

Disconnected battery, drained capacitors by touching positive and neg cables.
It had no effect. Checked other potentially relevant fuses could not see any issue with them.

I have started taking the dash apart to get to the WIN module to check it out next, but I am not convinced that is it as I don't think that would prevent the unlock/lock function from woking on 2 brand new fobiks.

All that to say, if anyone has any thoughts or experience with this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

Michael

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Beautiful Saturday morning to work on a Durango....bumping this...any ideas on what my Durango issue may be?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts