Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Lately I've noticed water leaking into the tailgate of my 2011 Durango when it rains.

Here's a short video of it:

Has anyone else experienced this and been able to fix it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
Do you have roof rails? If so take them out clean up around the 5-6 fasteners which goes to the roof and run a bead of some flow-able silicone around them. Also could be the seal around the roof antenna. if you have a sun roof the make sure the drains are clean.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do have roof rails so I'll take your advice. I also looked at my antenna and there is a visible gap around it so I'll try to seal that up as well. Thanks sida555. I'll report back with the results.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I do have roof rails so I'll take your advice. I also looked at my antenna and there is a visible gap around it so I'll try to seal that up as well. Thanks sida555. I'll report back with the results.
Your antenna probably got bumped somewhere. Here is a video of the underneath of the antenna opening just so you have an idea.
(Not one of my videos). Also i don't think you have to take the side pillars out if you want to access the antenna bolt. You probably will have enough give on the head liner once the middle trim is taken out.
One of my friends truck had the same leak and it ended up being seepage from one of the roof rail bolts. silicone around them fixed it. I can attach some pictures of mine with the flow-able silicone around them later if you need them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestion and video sida555. The antenna didn't seem loose per say, but just had a small void/crack at the base where it looked like water could enter.

I ended up applying a bead of silicon caulk around the antenna and so far so good. We had a light rain last night and the inside is dry. It's supposed to be very rainy the rest of the week so I guess it'll be a good test.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts