Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG! Why am I having to tell a Dodge dealer how to fix my Durango? Are they not suppose to be the experts? My Durango has an annoying habit of shutting down when you pull up to a light. It does not set any codes which apparently blew away the service guys. No codes? What do I fix? After two weeks they pronounced that they had found the problem. There is a recall on the recalled fuel pump relay. That's the problem! Oh, I'm, sorry, I already knew about that and have a brand new relay in place and also replaced it with two other relays of different manufacture just in case. Same problem. Oh, then we don't know what is wrong. They drove it for two weeks and it never died. I asked if they drove it with the headlights on? Why they ask? To put a load on the electrical system to see if voltage drop out might be causing the problem. Guess what? The engine died. But still no codes. We don't know what is wrong! Why would headlights cause this problem? Well, why don't you try driving it while monitoring the voltage level and see if the voltage drops when you stop, indicating a possible alternator issue. Remember the alternator recall? I do. Same problem. What if this alternator is going bad too? Oh. We didn't think of that. We''ll try that next. I'll send you my bill. Heh, yeah right. IDIOTS!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts