Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so a couple of months back my passenger side HID headlight goes out. I purchase new bulbs and make the swap and the light was still out, so I put in a replacement ballast. Now, a couple months later, the same headlight goes out. So I thought maybe I just purchased a crappy set of bulbs. A few days later, the driver's side HID goes out. So now I am scratching my head and to start troubleshooting I go ahead and order a new set of HID bulbs. The bulbs came in yesterday so I had plans to pull off the bumper and grille so I can start troubleshooting and have a straight shot with replacing the HID's without having to try and fit my hand in the little gerbil hole in the fender. Tonight my wife was driving my car (I was driving with high beams on until I can troubleshoot) and she tells me none of the lights are working (Low Beams or High Beams). The only way the high beams would work is by way of the column-mounted turn signal shaft. Could this be as simple as the headlight switch being bad in the dash or am I just chasing an electrical issue somewhere else? Any insight or help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts