Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I just purchased a 2007 SXT from a friend and am very impressed so far with the vehicle. Does anyone have any tips or advice about basic repair or maintenance? Anyone have any problems that I should keep an eye on? Made any cool modifications that you suggest? The only thing that I'm looking to do relatively soon is install a tactical cabinet in the cargo area. Is there a particular brand of oil or filter that work best for this year and model Durango? Any performance parts that I should invest in? Any suggestions or tips that you have would be appreciated. Dont be afraid to throw out ideas either. THANK YOU

·
Super Moderator
5,176 Posts
Check for rust developing on the rear quarter. Unfortunately there's something about the fuel filler that causes rot. I don't know what, but it strikes a lot of gen 2's, mine included. What engine does it have? Let's see some pics! 2007 is my favorite D year. I blacked out my tails to match the rest of the thing, a personal choice I'm really happy with. Aside from the quarter rust, I don't know of chronic issues with the gen 2. Really the worst thing about it is how many people hate this generation. And there aren't a lot of body mods available because there's not enough market support for it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll have pictures shortly. I'm having 2 dents fixed by a buddy of mine. I bought a black SXT with the 4.7 in it. Just under 100k for mileage. Around 99,600 I believe. My buddy who is repairing it said he was surprised to find no rust on the rear quarters or the tailgate. What brand of oil/filter do you recommend? Any advice for maintenance since I'm approaching 100k?

·
Super Moderator
5,176 Posts
Black, my favorite color too, nice choice! The 4.7 and 5.7 are both great engines, so if it's been maintained well it should last forever, at least that's what I'm expecting from mine. I use conventional oils and a fram tough gard oil filter, not the regular cheapie fram orange one. I'm about to turn 97k so I will be doing some maintenance this spring, probably most of the same stuff you do.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm hoping to do some of the basics right away. Possibly even this week. I want to change oil/filter, check plugs, rotate tires, etc. Just the basics so that I can get an idea of what it's like working on the vehicle. The previous owners didn't have a chance to clean it out before I bought it so I'm trying to finish that up too. I'm kind of OCD about having a clean interior on my vehicles. Does anyone have anything special they use when cleaning and wiping down the interior and consoles?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts