Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I threw a rod in my 3.7l 2007 durango and have been unsuccessful in locating a replacement. I believe this has a 3 speed transmission. I need to know if anyone knows whether i can put in a 4.7 without changing transmissions or if anyone knows of one for a decent price in or near texarkana texas. Also any tips for replacement are helpful as i am kind of inexperienced although i do have some help coming from my father who is a mechanic. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,299 Posts
Cory:
How many miles on your D when the engine died? It appears that Dodge opted to put their 42RLE 4 speed trans behind that 3.7 v6 engine.
As mentioned, IF it would bolt up to a 4.7 engine, I am not sure how long it would live given the power difference.
I would think you would have no trouble finding a low mile replacement motor since that engine was put into quite a few models.
Give www.car-part.com a try

If you really want a bigger engine, I think it would be more economical to buy D with one. While you are at it , I can heartily recommend the Hemi.
Fuel mileage between the 4.7 and 5.7 is minor to nil. The extra 100hp is always handy in case you need it! :0)

Don

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.