Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,122 Posts
Welcome to DDN Amuhammad:
What is your trans doing, or not doing? How many miles on the car, and when was the trans last serviced if ever?

Don

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Motor was replaced so roughly around 100k now I did in fact pull the trans and re build it due to not having any gears the the inside didnt look bad at all the disc weren't bad in shape but rebuilt it anyways due to I was in automotive class I replaced the solenoid block aswell but I'm feeling that the tq converter needs to be done. With reading I have seen that the tq converter has been a problem with some. Everything is new except that and seeing that your very knowledgeable on these platforms just curious to what you thought.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6
1,108 Posts
As Don asked...what is it doing or NOT doing? Any codes?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No codes at all just not engaging when put into gear you can hear the change in rpms the pressure looked good when looking at the live data but just not moving at all I'm gonna drop the tranny again to put a new tq converter in just seeing what you guys think

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6
1,108 Posts
Sounds like a plan...Stan.

Reactions: Don Fox

·
Premium Member
3,122 Posts
Yeah:
If you left the oem converter in there, and being an '05, I would try swapping in a new one. How many miles since the trans rebuild? If it's been more than 20K, you might consider a fresh fluid and filter(s) change also. There is a secondary filter (as you know) on the return line, that would hopefully catch any debris from the failed converter.

Don

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No miles as soon as I put the trans back in and added fluid it wouldnt move so I cutt it off because i didnt wanna mess anything up

·
Premium Member
3,122 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,122 Posts
Ok:
So, you have added the proper amount, and it won't do anything. The crappy part about this, is that the trans has to come back out to swap the converter as we all know. Since trans is fresh, assuming it was done right, the next step to me would be that converter.

Others may have ideas. and will hopefully put in their 2 cents. I commend that fact that you had the guts to open up, and go through the trans. I R and R'ed a few of them, but never gone into one.

As I understand it, the 545rfe has clutches, no bands to adjust.

Don

1 - 12 of 12 Posts