Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Durango with no power to the DCL to pull codes. Not sure if the coincides with no power to overhead console. The both overhead push on lights work just fine. I can not find anything else not working. But I have check all fuses and relays and found nothing wrong. The check engine light is on. I would really like to pull the codes to see what's up. Bonus would to have the overhead display working again. Miss not have the outside temp, compass, DTE, and other options there.

Could this be a grounding issue to the engine? The Durango was from New York and has major body rot from the road salt. Please let me know if anyone has any idea. It's driving me nuts not having things working. :mad:

Thanks..

Super Moderator
Not sure what is causing this issue, but I'm pretty sure you can get the codes to read on the dash with the 'key dance'. Put the key in the ignition, turn it to 'run' (without starting it), turn it off, then back on, then back off, then back on and leave it in the 'run' position. The codes should scroll across where the odometer is.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I've done the "key dance" and "reset" with the ignition. Codes sometime don't pull but the check engine light will stay. Truck runs great and have no issues, except the overhead console and DCL connector. I would really like to hook it up to the link and maybe chip it. I've never had a Dodge not connect to a programmer.

:-(

Super Moderator
Thank you, I've done the "key dance" and "reset" with the ignition. Codes sometime don't pull but the check engine light will stay. Truck runs great and have no issues, except the overhead console and DCL connector. I would really like to hook it up to the link and maybe chip it. I've never had a Dodge not connect to a programmer.

:-(
Well, if it was a one-off code toss and isn't persistent, you could always disconnect the battery for a few minutes and reset the PCM that way. I believe that clears stored codes. Worked for my brother. His Intrepid threw a transmission code and freaked him out. Disappeared after the reset and never came back. By the way, let's see your D!

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
She's a rusty mess with serious body cancer currently. But runs great and have no fear taking her on long road trips. I have plans on chopping her and turning her into a beach fishing truck. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts