Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Durango 4.7, 4x2 single zone a/c, the A/C button is constantly on and the compressor will not come on. I have checked the low side pressure and it was WNL for the ambient temp. I also have replaced the low pressure cut off switch. But wait I am not done. I have replaced the control head and had the pcm flashed. With the replacement control unit I believe it started to flash the defrost light and the A/C light would not come on nor would the a/c work(this is the unit I used when flashing the pcm). Since it did not work the dealer refunded my money and put the original unit back (but they also tried to flash the pcm with this on too). And it is the original control head installed with the A/C light constantly on. Here is a catch to all of this I ran a bypass from the light blue with black tracer at the compressor directly to the battery and the a/c blows cold enough to freeze the low side line and will produce a vent temperature below 50 deg. F with all but one vent closed. But the compressor will not cycle. FRUSTRATED!

·
Super Moderator
12,940 Posts
Don't know what it means that the AC light is always on.

You can check the clutch wiring by jumpering pins 30 and 87 of the AC clutch relay in the pdc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks tomk, I tried it and the clutch did not engage. There is current at the relay pin and a pin at the Low Pressure cut out which leads me to say a short. But now I need a wiring diagram for the Durango. I wonder, will it vary from 99-04 since it has a couple of one year only quarks.?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts