Dodge Durango Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

Β·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Ok...gotcha. I will do that after work. And worst case scenario... I ordered a ECM and it will be here next week.
πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ

Β·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Good morning:
Recheck my post #6 please. Match up the pic with what you have under your hood. The battery reset done by removing the negative battery terminal, depressing the brake pedal 30 seconds, then reconnect. This takes the power levels to zero, in hopes that new/proper data from the replacement sensor(s) can be properly received.

Don
Ok... disconnected negative battery cable and held pedal down 3x's for 30+ seconds each time. Reconnected cable and started truck. Nothing changed. ABS & EMERGENCY BRAKE light are still on. Didn't drive it, so imma assume the speedometer still doesn't work either.

Β·
Premium Member
5,312 Posts
Good on that. Have you decided on whether your truck has the RW, or 4W ABS system?

Don

Β·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Imma guess it's rear wheel (sensor in the differential) cuz I been looking up diagrams, YouTube videos & Google searches to find ALL ABS sensors for year, make & model. I can't find NOTHING. So I'm assuming that it's solely rear wheel ABS.

Β·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Good on that. Have you decided on whether your truck has the RW, or 4W ABS system?

Don
Font Screenshot Number Electric blue Parallel

Don
This Google search says to keep cables ( both) detached for 20 minutes and the other says 15 minutes and unplug ECM fuse? What do you think? Worth a shot or no?

Β·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·

Don
So.... I took out fuse #2 (20 amp) in engine compartment that was the ONLY fuse to say "ENG", along with fuse #10 inside driver (found post saying #19 but that didn't seem right but pulled it as well) buckled seatbelt waited 3 minutes, turned key to ON position, waited for 2 chimes and afyer that i did everything in reverse order. I don't think the ECM/PCM reset cuz I STILL have ABS & EMERGENCY BRAKE Lamps on. Put the OBD 2 on and there ISN'T ANY codes being thrown now. No po501....NOTHING. But the lights are still on.
#WTF

Β·
Premium Member
5,312 Posts
Some lights need to be turned off with a service device. The reset I had you do, does the same thing mentioned your post #25.

Look for posts like this.

Don

Β·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6
2,453 Posts
More like you need a scanner to read the actual trouble codes? Most likely clearing them won't do much of anything. They'll just come back until you fix the actual issue(s).

Β·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I got a scanner...codes were po501. Now there isn't a code, but the issue is still showing (i.e ABS, EMERGENCY BRAKE LIGHT & NO SPEEDOMETER). Unfortunately hitting up a chain auto this a.m. to get them to diagnostic. Hopefully it'll be something I can fix afterwards, if not I guess my wallet is finna get raped! I'll post results later on.

Β·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Some lights need to be turned off with a service device. The reset I had you do, does the same thing mentioned your post #25.

Don
Well...just got back. The folks said more than "likely" its going to be my ECM. Said I'd have to go to a dealer since they are the only ones who can program them. Called the dealer they weren't to eager to give me any idea about about symptoms or fixes unless I brought it to them so they could put it on their machine and that'd be only if they'd be able to find the ECM? Unbeknownst to them I already ordered a ECM outta Florida from All Computers Automotive last week as a fail safe last ditch effort. Programmed, skimmed and all with a lifetime no questions asked warranty. Just got off the phone with them & they are in the final stage (3 stages total) of running & checking that it's properly Programmed and all before shipping. Should receive it by week's end....and 🀞🏽🀞🏽🀞🏽🀞🏽 hopefully this will be the remedy and fix all to the problem.

Β·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
More like you need a scanner to read the actual trouble codes? Most likely clearing them won't do much of anything. They'll just come back until you fix the actual issue(s).
Worst case if the ECM doesn't work, then I still can change out ALL the wheel sensors.. Just gotta locate them 1st. Was told they should be around/ inside the rotor/ brake area behind/ near the shield behind the wheel/caliper.

Β·
Premium Member
5,312 Posts
If you have the more common RW ABS, there are no front wheel sensors.

Don

Reactions: rjc42005_2002

Β·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·

Don
Clue me in... was reading owners manual and I determined that it has only REAR ABS from the purchase agreement when I brought it. So does that mean the ONLY sensor for the rear is the one in the differential? Or are there sensors on the wheels as well? I'm confused.
Google sucks.... YouTube sucks.... I can't find ANYTHING that shows sensor locations, or diagrams. I'm at my whits end.

Attachments

Β·
Super Moderator
13,066 Posts
Human body Font Auto part Elbow Parallel

4WABS has an ABS controller with two connectors on top and many brake lines attached to the front.
RWABS has an ABS controller with one connector, and only two (I think) brake lines attached to the front.

Reactions: Don Fox
21 - 37 of 37 Posts