Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, having a problem you guys might have some ideas about. Our durango has had a check engine light on for a while and within the last month it started to crank but not start and within the last week started to turn off when driving. We've changed the camshaft position sensor and crankshaft position sensor with AutoZone parts which don't seem to have helped any. It first gave the p0353 and p0355 codes after going on the freeway for the first time since the problem started. The problem only seems to pop up after being used for a while leading me to believe that the issue is heat related. I've read that the problem may be the wiring but am not sure how to test since the problem seems related to heat/use. Also, there is a gasoline smell when trying to start the vehicle and some misfiring. The durango has ~40,000 miles and the battery is fairly new, probably about a year old. Any ideas on how to proceed? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: We sent the PCM/ECM in for repair and we were told that there wasn't anything wrong with it. Now to check the wiring. Any tips? I was thinking of checking the resistance of the wires from the camshaft and crankshaft sensors to the ECM and see if there's any difference in the wires. I'm thinking that there's damaged wire that causes problem when it heats up since the problems only happen after using the car and getting the temperature up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts