Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 dodge durango 5.9l 4x4, I have a 2 inch torsion key/shackle lift, I want to upgrade my shocks for better off road performance. I'm new to upgrading Suspension and all that. What do yall recommend?

·
Registered
33 Posts
You have a few choices for shocks but you need to buy an extended length shock since you have a lift.

I have the same type of 2” lift on my 2000 Durango, and I choose KYB Momomax shocks, extended length. They are stiff but too much so. They have worked very well for me both on and off-road.

I also considered Bilstein 4600 shocks, but they were considerably more expensive and I just didn’t have the budget for them. I installed Bilstein 4600 shocks on another off-road vehicle (my wife’s Jeep) and they have worked very well, however. You will see many people on this and other forums who will buy nothing but Bilsteins.

Rancho makes a good shock for the Durango also, but I have no personal experience with them. If you look on the forum, you will see many D owners who like them.

I suggest sticking to one of these three brands as they are geared more toward performance, although others in the forum may have a different view.

Whatever shock you choose, they are easy to install. Just soak the bolts with penetrating oil for a few days before.

Reactions: Chase300

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sorry, I meant to type that the KYB Monomax shocks are stiff but not too much so. I left out the word “not”. Didn’t mean to say they are too stiff.

I really like these shocks for off roading, particularly at their price. They have worked and held up very, very well, as good as the Bilsteins on my wife’s Jeep.

Reactions: Chase300

·
Registered
3 Posts
In addition to those above you have Tuff Country, Rough Country, Pro Comp, the list goes on and on. But if you have the coin to toss at it, a set of Bilsteins 4600 or 5100 is the way to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts