Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter has just bought a 5.9L 2000 Durango with a few issues. The first one is the Brake Light is on, which is most likely due to the fact that the Brake Fluid Sensor on the Master Cylinder is unplugged.

The problem is a I can't find the connector for the sensor ANYWHERE. I have looked closely at the harness in and around the Master Cylinder and ABS module and I can't find the connector.

The vehicle was bought from a less-than-reputable party, so it wouldn't surprise me if they cut the connector and wiring for this.

What I am looking for is a wiring diagram/picture of where these wires join into the harness so I can try and dig out the cut connectors and repair the harness. I have a matching connector from a similar model from a local junkyard, I just need to figure out where it goes. I can't find a similar year with a 5.9L engine to look at (harness looks quite different for the smaller engines I have seen).

I am also considering getting a set of factory Service Manuals, but I am not sure if it would have detailed wiring diagrams that would show this either.

Inquired at local dealer parts/service dept about this and got ZERO info.

Any pictures/clues would be appreciated.

·
Registered
797 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts