Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got an absolute deal on a set of Jeep SRT spider monkey wheels from a 2014 over the weekend. Rims will be off to be blasted and powder coated gloss black Highland Bronze in the meantime I have a few questions for the more experienced who have already done this swap. My DD is a 2020 RT AWD with the black top package and wheels, 20x8.
the questions I have are:
(1) If I buy new tires from a local installer like Discount Tire will they have correct TPMS sensors and will I need to go to a dealer to have them reset or synced to my 2020?
(2) When going from the standard tire that runs at 36psi versus the SRT tire that runs at 33psi will my TPMS always show low pressure when running at 33psi?
(3) Can this be corrected other than just increasing the tire pressure?
(4) Lastly I am looking at Yokohama Parada Spec X or Toyo Proxes ST3 any one have any feedback on either of these being better or worse, I am in NC so less of winter tire need for the area.

any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
97 Posts
1. Discount tire can put in TPMS that will connect. No need for the dealer.
2. Tire pressures are based on vehicle weight. Keep at 36+ psi.
3. You want 36+ psi. You won't adjust it.
4. I can't comment on those tires, but I'm also in NC, in Charlotte. I would look at review on Tire Rack if they are available.

Reactions: YouMadBro

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Waiting on my Toyo's now, but got my wheels back from my powder coating guy today. What y'all think about this color on the spider monkey's?
IMG_1485.JPG

·
Registered
82 Posts
Super nice! I need to find a set of these to put some snow tires on for the winter.

Reactions: YouMadBro
1 - 4 of 4 Posts