Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as I put in the header my 2006 Durango SLT with the 5.7ltr Hemi came with 18" wheels and tires when I purchased it. I thought it was standard but apparently that was some kind of special order or something. I mean I like the 18" and that is not the problem. The other day I wanted to check the condition of my spare tire and when I pulled it down it was a nice brand new never used spare only it was a 17". I am not sure what the truck would run like with one 17" tire if I had a flat?? So I proceeded to look for a 18" steal rim for a spare. I can't find them not sure if they make them? So now I have to purchase a wheel aluminum like what is on the truck now so I can mount an 18" tire on it for a spare. Any one have any comments or run into the same problem??

·
Premium Member
3,521 Posts
Harley:

Edit:
I didn't think the Durangos got 18 inch wheels until '07. You may be correct. My '04 has '17s.

If you run the 2 tire sizes through an RPM calculator, you will probably find that the tire diameters are the same. As an example, my '04 Crown Vic Sport came with nice '17 inch aluminum wheels wearing 235/55/17 tires. The spare was a steel wheel with a 16 inch in 225/60/16 tire. When I discovered it, I was also perplexed. The build sheet confirmed that it had come that way from the factory.

Don

1 - 2 of 2 Posts