Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had it in the past where UConnect kind of locks up, the screen is working but can't change station etc. It usually fixes itself after a a little while. I also have the issue (Since I bought it new) where if Key Fob # 2 gets used it wipes out all the presets for Memory #1 which is annoying. However, yesterday, the screen locked up on the initial Dodge Logo, touchscreen unresponsive. Pulled over and shut off vehicle, opened a door and waited about 10 minutes and then the screen stayed 100% black (however there was a faint backlight) HVAC below appeared to be working still. Waited about an hour with it off and tried again, still black. Tried the different soft resets of Mute/Tuning no change. Finally pulled the fuse from under the passenger seat. Next time starting the Durango it came back to life but was kindof a mess, missing features, HVAC not working. Panicked a little bit. Turned off the Durango and re-started this time everything was back to normal. No changes or updates in a few years so not sure what on earth happened to this thing its usually been fairly reliable.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I have had it in the past where UConnect kind of locks up, the screen is working but can't change station etc. It usually fixes itself after a a little while. I also have the issue (Since I bought it new) where if Key Fob # 2 gets used it wipes out all the presets for Memory #1 which is annoying. However, yesterday, the screen locked up on the initial Dodge Logo, touchscreen unresponsive. Pulled over and shut off vehicle, opened a door and waited about 10 minutes and then the screen stayed 100% black (however there was a faint backlight) HVAC below appeared to be working still. Waited about an hour with it off and tried again, still black. Tried the different soft resets of Mute/Tuning no change. Finally pulled the fuse from under the passenger seat. Next time starting the Durango it came back to life but was kindof a mess, missing features, HVAC not working. Panicked a little bit. Turned off the Durango and re-started this time everything was back to normal. No changes or updates in a few years so not sure what on earth happened to this thing its usually been fairly reliable.
Hi mjreiland,

We're happy to research our internal resources for any information related to the mentioned symptoms you're experiencing. Feel welcome to PM us your VIN at your convenience.

Steph
Dodge Cares

·
Premium Member
5,559 Posts
mjre:
Hence the term (F)Uconnect you might see here now and then, lol! I love my '04 SLT, but realize it won't last forever. It's very mechanically strong, but the SW Ohio Winters are slowly taking their toll. Non of that Uconnect crap in the Gen 2's.
The Uconnect debacle is something I fear, when the time comes to trade up to a Gen 3.

Don

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
What firmware version do you have? I will check to see if there is a newer version. DO NOT trust Uconnect's website, period.
looking around there appears to be a 39.6 but I don't know where to get it.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts