Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

For those that have the 14' R/T DD what tires did you use or can recommend for replacements as my stock Goodyear Fortera 265/50/20's need to be replaced very soon?
I drive all 4 seasons here in NJ so I need a similar tire to this stock tire and I only tow a light load about 8 times a year at most.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I would suggest taking a look at what Michelin has to offer. I've used their tires for many years now on 4WD trucks and various Jeeps. They've always given excellent service. There is a new LTX model that is specifically recommended for the R/T for year round use.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have Pirelli Scoprion Verde and they've been fantastic so far. Many will recommend Prada Spec-X, too. Each of us will have our own opinions and favorites. Those two along with Micehllin seem to be the most popular choices, from what I've gathered.

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
Yokahama parada spec x

·
Registered
870 Posts
I normally hate Goodyear tires but these are pretty darn good. They are CHEAP compared to many others in this size as well.

But Toyo would be my go-to brand if I were swapping out right now. Something with a higher speed rating.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I replaced my goodyears forteras about 8000 miles ago with the continental Lx20 eco and love them. The goodyears did very well for an OE tire. I got 57000 miles out of them.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I did have the conti's on my ram, great tire. I almost got them for the Durango but the Pirelli tires were rated a tad better and $8 more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
The best tire that matches the category for our Durangos (the Crossover/SUV Touring All-Season) is the Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus. High marks in all categories, it's a great blend of the sportiness Pirelli is known for, along with enhanced comfort and handling in all measures including dry, wet, snow, etc. I've read and heard rave reviews from people with this tire on both the latest gen Dirango and GC.

http://m.tirerack.com/tires/TireDet...r=2014&autoModClar=Limited&vehicleSearch=true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
586 Posts
my stock Goodyear Fortera 265/50/20's need to be replaced very soon?
How many miles do you have on the OD? With my previously owned 2012 Crew, the factory Michelin's were due for replacement around 36k miles, but they had a 60k mile warranty. I took it to Sears, and they contacted Michelin and got approval to warranty them out so long as I replaced them with another Michelin tire. We ended up getting 45% off the new tires because of this.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I replaced my goodyears forteras about 8000 miles ago with the continental Lx20 eco and love them. The goodyears did very well for an OE tire. I got 57000 miles out of them.
I only got 17k out of mine due to the use of the burnout box device which I won't use anymore.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I forgot to checked this thread, I found 2 tires I liked on Tire Rack that seem to be what you guys use?

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/CompareTires.jsp

Pirelli scorpion Verde plus $196 ea and the Michelin premier at $219 ea. Both look good but the Michelins seem to be rated better for all season and the Pirelli seem to handle a bit more load. It is a hard choice for some odd reason.

Your input matters so I do appreciate all the replies so far.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I forgot to checked this thread, I found 2 tires I liked on Tire Rack that seem to be what you guys use?

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/CompareTires.jsp

Pirelli scorpion Verde plus $196 ea and the Michelin premier at $219 ea. Both look good but the Michelins seem to be rated better for all season and the Pirelli seem to handle a bit more load. It is a hard choice for some odd reason.

Your input matters so I do appreciate all the replies so far.
I just got the Michelin Premier LTX's. So good so far. Supposed to last 60K miles and has more siping on the tread expose as the tire wears. I was considering the Pirelli's, but ultimately decided on this.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I only got 17k out of mine due to the use of the burnout box device which I won't use anymore.
:lol:

I went with Hankooks and if the stealership cant balance them correctly tomorrow, im going back to the OEM goodyears

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Should I just stay away from the OEM tire my R/T came with even though Discount Tire Direct has them dirt cheap for $163 ea with free shipping?
Tire Comparison - Discount Tire Direct

Is it worth the big savings or just get the Tire rack Michelins since they come with free road hazard? I really could save some money right now that is the reason why I ask. But I don't want to get stuck with shitty tires again since from day 1 they always could not be balanced perfect.

Anyone check the date codes when they buy to ensure they don't get old tires, I have had that happen many times and I got stuck with old tires o the shelf.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts