Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
just got 2022 TNG blacktop ,red interior delivered a month ago and had H/K in most of my BMW's, so was thrilled it was an option

Was a little sad it got delivered with 15 miles on it, a small dent in rear door (dent package is covering that-so I am fine now with it) ,
But the ac fan rubs something (sounds like someone is farting) when you change modes from feet to upper body, at low speeds (quiet road noise the AC howls on level 1/2/3 like there is a flap that didnt seal when condenser comes on lol and I am just hitting 1000 miles, all of these have been present since day one. My driver side door rattles/shakes with the side mirror if I turn volume past 20 and a drum beat hits (if I go to only passenger front doesnt do same thing and mirror isnt dancing like drivers). I want to get oil changed at 1200 miles and also wanted them to straighten my steering wheel. its about 3 degrees off center. I've just never been to a dodge service center before and wasnt sure how bad I really want them going into the dash for the AC fan and flaps, and going into the doors to fix what ever is going on in driver door/speaker/mirror. Just bad build on my new $68K DD ?
Sure I can live with them all, but I mean I designed this one and all of this has been happening since mile 15. Even the sunfroof has burn marks on the sued you can see when you open the cover when roof opens up. Feels like they were in a rush to build. Anyone else with any of these small little annoying issues or known fixes? Other than above issues, I love this thing, the drive, ride, room, the SOUND of the engine :).

·
Registered
172 Posts
I built and took delivery of a new 21 RT with the TNG back on Oct of 20. Creeping up on 25,000 miles. I also came out of a BMW into the new D. I haven’t experienced any of the issues you’ve described, the only thing wrong with mine is that it was missing the “4” badge on the back when I got it. I didn’t think that was worth the trouble in having them track down. I would totally have the dealer address ALL of the issues you mentioned including the burn marks on the suede. I wouldn’t think twice about having them open up the dash to address whatever issues you have. Like you said, $68k for a brand new car should NOT have these issues. Get it done asap, as the more mileage you put on, the more pushback you may receive from the dealership/Dodge to fix these things. Even the rattle in the door. Make them fix that stuff. If you don’t, it will ALWAYS bother you.
Some things I’ve experienced in my 25k miles: the Uconnect 5 system has a few bugs to where sometimes the screen is dark, on occasion you can’t change the station, once in a while the thing doesn’t want to connect to your phone, etc. These issues mostly fix themselves, but once in a while I need to reset the system. There is a thread on here somewhere with instructions on how to do that. I got the red Brembo brakes and the clear coat started peeling off the left side front caliper at around 15k miles. Dodge replaced it under warranty. My seat memory stopped working at some point and I need to get that taken care of before my 3 year warranty expires. I’m about to replace the tires; those Pirelli Scorpions didn’t last that long for me. I’ve even heard of guys only getting like 10,000 miles on them before they needed to be replaced. At $500 per tire, that’s just crazy. Going with the Continental DWS06+. It’s at least guaranteed to 40,000 miles. I think the Pirelli’s being run-flats wear quicker due to the rigid sidewalls not providing the side to side flex that a non-run-flat would. That’s just a theory. Also be careful when parking up to a curb. Those front spats are not that flexible and will crack/break over time and you’ll need to replace them. They’re only $20 per side but the originals are riveted in so swapping them out is a bit of a hassle. Good luck.

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,387 Posts
This harkens back to the days of the late 60s, early 70s, when you didn't want to buy a car that was built on a Friday.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I told my brother I felt like they built it with a beer in their hand lol.. I get it, its a great truck, really is. Just some of those details might not bother someone else, they seem to annoy myself pretty bad. If I bought used I would chalk it up to being used. I can deal with the steering wheel being a tad off center , but the AC noise and the rattles get me, the door shaking when I listed to stereo keeps me from having anything on besides the Beatles channel and I was excited they offered the H/K system but my girlfriend turned it up and said "it sounds all scratchy like crap". I took a little offense just because, but spent a little time and honed it down to just the driver side speaker/door and mirror. I didnt know if others dealt with same AC noises or rattles

·
Registered
5,712 Posts
Like a lot of dealers...there are good ones with great staff and others not. If things aren't fixed right, I'm just persistent and the dealer then seems to put a senior service person on the repair.
I think Covid threw a lot of things out of kilter and manufacturing is a big one...with lots of QC issues I believe due to people having to multi-task to fill in holes in the assembly line.
BTW, I don't have any of those issues you listed...so they should be able to fixed.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all,
Trying to find a day I can take some time to replicate the sounds for the tech so its just a single visit. Is it bad I am still tempted to order the HCDD when ordering opens?

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Thanks all,
Trying to find a day I can take some time to replicate the sounds for the tech so its just a single visit. Is it bad I am still tempted to order the HCDD when ordering opens?
If you can afford it and like the platform then of course...the 6.2 has all the grunt you need..

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
So this is my list for when Service guy rings me back for appointment.
1. Alignment - steering wheel few degrees to the right when driving straight.- Want fixed
2. Driver door rattles inside and mirror with stereo on 20+ (passenger doesnt do it.)- Need fixed
3.Dash rattle if you tap it or hit any bumps- Want fixed
4. AC flaps whistling inside dash when condenser turns on-Need fixed
5. Ac fan rubbing something when modes are changed from floor to dash vents- Fart sound -need fixed
6.Rear right window quite a bit slower than driver side rear window-Ok or future failure?
7. Suede burns on sunroof opening during production- Lost cause or is there an easy fix
8. Is it normal for it to hold speed at 20mph without touching throttle when decelerating?
9. Driver seat moans/squeals as it moves forward on easy entry- Just grease it

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Too picky of a wish list?
Yeah for a 15 year old Durango but not a brand new one.
The headliner is expensive and they should replace it. (have a qualified body shop do it not shop techs.)
For the front seat you need the power seat mechanism replaced. It is a frame with 2 motors on it and is not servicable.
slower window then another? I have seen that in every car I have purchased. With my DDRT the passenger is a tad slower then then driver's window. Do not worry about it, your good!
Holding 20mph with foot off the go fast pedal? Are you in Sport mode?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah for a 15 year old Durango but not a brand new one.
The headliner is expensive and they should replace it. (have a qualified body shop do it not shop techs.)
For the front seat you need the power seat mechanism replaced. It is a frame with 2 motors on it and is not servicable.
slower window then another? I have seen that in every car I have purchased. With my DDRT the passenger is a tad slower then then driver's window. Do not worry about it, your good!
Holding 20mph with foot off the go fast pedal? Are you in Sport mode?
Yeah, the headliner you only notice when you open the sunroof and look out. Not sure if its worth the time of visiting a 2nd shop, and the chances of them screwing something else up, my time is pretty tight between 2 daughters, their school stuff and my 6 day a week job.
I am hoping I can do a single day drop off and get the rattles, steering wheel straightened, door/speaker and AC adjusted/fixed and do an early oil change. Yes the holding at 20mph forever is in sport or Track, but even in normal mode the deceleration is non existent. I feel like I could go a 1/4 mile from 20mph to 0 if I had the space to coast that far, just wasnt sure if that was normal.
Appreciate all the feedback.
Goal, single stop fix, even if I have to leave it at dealer for a couple days. Just want my new DD to be like a new car, I think I have had it in my hands for 30 days today. Love the platform, brakes, suspension, just not above mentioned things.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Small win today. Luckily I purchased the wheel/tire/dent package, When my DD was delivered (pics are of day it was dropped off and washed), you can see a bend/Dent in rear door. Had the dent company come out and he fixed it in about an hour.
Next is my list to get done with dealer.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 DD R/T AWD
639 Posts
Those front spats are not that flexible and will crack/break over time and you’ll need to replace them. They’re only $20 per side but the originals are riveted in so swapping them out is a bit of a hassle. Good luck.
Snapping them the rest of the way off and throwing them away is free, and has been a lasting and completely satisfying solution for me.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Too picky of a wish list?
I don't think so.... I have 2,000 on my 2022 and am lucky I have not experienced those items. So, they are not the 'norm' and deserve some answers one way or another. I don't mind the Beatles chan... but also wouldn't want the car all jittery when cranking some Animals as Leaders...:D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't think so.... I have 2,000 on my 2022 and am lucky I have not experienced those items. So, they are not the 'norm' and deserve some answers one way or another. I don't mind the Beatles chan... but also wouldn't want the car all jittery when cranking some Animals as Leaders...:D
Ha, yeah didnt know, this is my first American car since my Lightning and WS6 I had and modded from 2001-2005ish. Still miss the lightning, great fun truck.

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Ha, yeah didnt know, this is my first American car since my Lightning and WS6 I had and modded from 2001-2005ish. Still miss the lightning, great fun truck.
@AddyDaddy does your mdeium heat setting for your seats work? Turn it on immediately to medium(middle) setting and give it 5 minutes to see if it heats up.
You can do it to the passenger side since both sides work off the saem controller.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@AddyDaddy does your mdeium heat setting for your seats work? Turn it on immediately to medium(middle) setting and give it 5 minutes to see if it heats up.
You can do it to the passenger side since both sides work off the saem controller.
No it does not work! Just went for a 15 min drive and front seat heaters don't work on medium, no fan noise like when you turn the seat coolers on as well. When I turn seat coolers on you can hear a fan working and feel the cool air within a minute. Nothing with heaters on, even on high, no heat, no noise.

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Sorry to say @AddyDaddy you are part of the no medium heat club. FYI no fans in the seat blow since it is a heating element in the seat so no need for a fan.

See this thread

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry to say @AddyDaddy you are part of the no medium heat club. FYI no fans in the seat blow since it is a heating element in the seat so no need for a fan.

See this thread
I guess I just got #10 on list for the dealer to look at. Steering wheel heats up quick, but I am in South Florida so I dont need the heated seats, but I am sure I am paying for the option in my payments.. I am a little concerned that the dealer will have my car for a week or 2, and not just a 1 or 2 day duration. I've messaged @DodgeCares but have not gotten any response. I mean the car is brand new, I actually go to DMV for appointment today to get it registered in FL since I went thru an out of state dealer on the build I did.
Appreciate all the responses.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts