Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Bump for a great deal from a great vendor. Jump on this deal.

I've preached its praises before and I'll do it again: the Legmaker is THE BEST intake for the modern Hemi!

Reactions: SRT8U

·
Registered
314 Posts
Ok ok you convinced me :) I'm in for one! Thanks for reducing my bank account!

Reactions: SRT8U and Bryali

·
Registered
314 Posts
Bryali how was the figment of the lmi intake? Any pointers for a better fit...thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2,287 Posts
That's a great deal on a great intake. I've never seen them on sale that low before. Thanks Lisa for listening to the feedback from the forum!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Bryali how was the figment of the lmi intake? Any pointers for a better fit...thanks!
It fits in place of the stock intake, it's just much bigger and straighter.

Taking out the bottom part of the box was a little rough because I was trying not to break it but it eventually gave way with a few "jerks".

The stock scoop reinforces the rubber gasket that goes around the engine bay. If you take the scoop out with the stock box, the rubber bounces around and just looks like a sloppy install. If you leave it in, it directs the air below the filter. I ended up modifying the scoop so it opens up straight into the filter and held it in place with a zip tie. I can get some pictures if you're interested but basically I just cut the back out of the plastic scoop/snorkel thing at the very top bend so it goes straight into the filter.

The filter sits VERY close to the AC lines and the washer fluid bottle. Just for my own piece of mind, I cut a piece of the vacuum hose and slid it over the ac line and rested the rubber coupling for the filter on it. It doesn't rub but it's close.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Fitment is great, we just installed one on our 2014 5.7 Durango, fits great will post up some pics later. Definitely can feel better throttle response, and as great sound as well!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts