Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife drives the Durango not me. She called me to get her. The thing had not electrical in cab and wouldn't crank. Just put new transmission cooler lines and oil in transmission. Let it sit as the tow truck showed up and power came back. There is no check engine light on. I need help everyone.

·
Premium Member
2,190 Posts
Open your fuse box under the hood and press every single fuse and relay down firmly so it is well seated.
See how it goes after that. Somethign heated up causing a disconnect in power to a critical system. After the Durango started to cool down the disconnect connected again. Ill fitting fuses will cause this so give it a shot. Similar to a cold solder joint problem but with fuses in that TIPM.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Open your fuse box under the hood and press every single fuse and relay down firmly so it is well seated.
See how it goes after that. Somethign heated up causing a disconnect in power to a critical system. After the Durango started to cool down the disconnect connected again. Ill fitting fuses will cause this so give it a shot. Similar to a cold solder joint problem but with fuses in that TIPM.
I have gone through the fuses, there all solid. Replacing ones that are essential as well. Still nothing. Even on the dashboard.

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
You've checked battery condition and checked the connections at the battery?
Remove, check for corrosion and replace making sure they're tight. That's the first step.

·
Registered
2021 Durango GT Plus AWD
198 Posts
Physically take the battery out, check for corrosion at posts/connectors, physical condition of cables and then get the battery load tested. Start with the basics. If all checks out, I would look closer at the TIPM and connections.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My wife drives the Durango not me. She called me to get her. The thing had not electrical in cab and wouldn't crank. Just put new transmission cooler lines and oil in transmission. Let it sit as the tow truck showed up and power came back. There is no check engine light on. I need help everyone.
Battery, TIPM, Grounds, Connectors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts