Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Can anyone tell me where the Oil Temp Sensor is located on a 06 hemi? I have a repair manual but there is no mention of oil temp sensor. I get error Code P0198 - Engine Oil Temperature Sensor A Circuit High when the car starts cold. The error disappears after the car is warmed up. Any suggestions on troubleshooting this
Thanks, John

·
Premium Member
3,521 Posts
JB"
I am not aware of a temp sender, but there is a pressure sender on the passenger front side of the block down from the head. You can access that one better by removing the air filter/airbox. OEM is best.

Don

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I did install a rebuilt PCM. Is it possible the PCM is confused and looking for something that does not exist?

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6
1,479 Posts
Took awhile to find it in my 2006 FSM 4 manual set. There is a separate Oil Temp Sensor on the Hemi. Located on the front left side of the engine....see the attachment below.

IMG_20201006_130835.jpg

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Here's the troubleshooting pages on P0198. Sorry about the crappy picture quality.

IMG_20201006_134412.jpg

IMG_20201006_134433.jpg

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
3rd page

IMG_20201006_134447.jpg

IMG_20201006_134402.jpg

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I have the 2006 FSM 4 manual set available for sale for $85 shipped if interested. Like new condition!

Sorry couldn't resist that sales plug.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Thanks, I did install a rebuilt PCM. Is it possible the PCM is confused and looking for something that does not exist?
Could be the rebuilt PCM. See the troubleshooting pages I posted above.

What was the issue(s) with your original PCM?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. the diagram really helped. I was able to locate the oil temp sensor. The original PCM was causing issues with a deactivation solenoid. The new rebuilt PCM fixed the issue but have been getting this intermittent oil temp code. I am going to check the sensor to see if it is the issue

·
Premium Member
3,521 Posts
Good work DuRon! I learned something today. I wonder if my '04 has that sensor too? I have never seen any kind of oil overtemp indication, which I guess is a good thing.

Don

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I tested the resistance of the cold temp sensor and it was about 8 or 9 KOhms. I read somewhere most cold heat sensors are around 2 KOhms. Does anyone know what the cold resistance should be?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts