Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
05 slt 4x4 5.7 hemi. was driving stopped at stop sign and it just died. the problem is then no crank . I towed it home and started checking things out . battery good/ good charge, starter good ,fuses and relays good . I've been trying figure this out for 6 or 7 months now and still can't get it . so far the PCM , ignition switch, the integrated power distribution box, the inside fuse/ relay box in the front left kick panel ,and the wiring harness for the battery cables alternator and power distribution box has all been replaced . anyone have any ideas ? when you try to start it the asd relay vibrates very fast and the starter acts like your repeatedly bumping the key , Now I can jump the starter relay and it will crank like a champ but no start . It has started three times since that day , and it seems like after it's sit for a month or so with no battery in it ,if you put a good hot battery in it and start it just right (on the first try ) it will start and run for about 3 to 4 minutes then die and do the exact same thing as it usually does . HELP !

·
Premium Member
3,226 Posts
Welcome to DDN CMM:
When this happens, does the red security LED on the dash cluster stay lighted? Have you tried a different key? If this light comes on and stays, the system is not recognizing the key. Have you done the key dance, to check for any stored PO codes?

Don

1 - 2 of 2 Posts