Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to add another seat to our 2005 durango due to the birth of our baby boy.

I am wondering if anyone has successfully changed the front bucket seats and put in a bench seat from a dakota.

Do I have to do any wild customizing, or is it pretty straightforward?

thx,
Eric

·
Administrator
8,035 Posts
Since it is proven safer to have a newborn in a back seat, rather than the front, I am not seeing the logic of this move. The seat anchors are already in place in the body for rear seat mounting of a safety seat. If there are more kids involved a third row would be the better move. That being said, if the dimensions are correct you should be able to do it. Just be sure to get the seat belts for the bench seat also, as they will be different than the buckets. There still won't be any anchor bracketry for the safety seat for the front row.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Unless he is now a family of six, and he would put one of the children, not baby in front. I take it your d is a 5 seater and no 3rd row?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I Totally forgot to check back here until now. We have 6 kids and are now about to have our Seventh. I found and installed a 3 seat bench in the back, but have to now either get rid of the durango, or find another vehicle. We need 9 seats. I can put one of my older kids up front with us, but need to be able to do either a bench seat or put in a jump seat in the front. It seems to me that seeing this setup in the dakota means it must be possible.

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
you should be able to get/find a bench seat for front. it was an option for the Durango, not a popular one, but have seen them, imagine the bench from a Dakota will bolt up directly and the electronics should hook up as well. But legally it would only hold 8. as the very back was only designed for 2.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts