Dodge Durango Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
$150 is a great price for the T case and shaft. Try to find out how many miles are on it?
The AWD T case on the Gen 1's was kind of a rare thing. Most of the ones I found along the way were the part time 133 or 233. As we know, the R/T ('00-03) came standard w AWD, so those are a good source for them.

Don
Supposedly there's about 150k on it. Should be a good basis for a rebuild.

Wouldn't hurt to bang a new U joint into the shaft but I'm not sure if my funds will allow it just yet.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hello again everyone, I just finished reinstalling my newly rebuilt transfer case and new front drive shaft. The Durango drove around my neighborhood fine with no issues. However I now have a service 4WD light and on the 4WD selector switch, there are no lights for any of the 4WD options.

I tried to do some research on this issue and it seems as though it could be a wiring issue at the case, a TCCM issue, a CTM issue, or a selector switch issue.

I was wondering what thoughts y'all had on this

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
Have you done a battery reset to bring everything back to 0 for a fresh start? Maybe recheck the harness where it connects to the shift motor to be sure it's seated fully, and making good contact.

Don

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Have you done a battery reset to bring everything back to 0 for a fresh start? Maybe recheck the harness where it connects to the shift motor to be sure it's seated fully, and making good contact.

Don
I disconnected the negative terminal on the battery for a few seconds but nothing changed. How do I properly do a full reset?

I unplugged and replugged in the wiring harness on the case multiple times but it didn't change anything. How does the harness ground? Is it grounded to the case maybe?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Going to try my original shift motor from the transfer case that exploded since it is the only thing that has changed electronically

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
The battery reset is disconnecting the negative terminal, depress brake pedal 30 seconds, reconnect and try it again.
The SM on the "new" case could have it's own issues as you said.

Don

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The battery reset is disconnecting the negative terminal, depress brake pedal 30 seconds, reconnect and try it again.
The SM on the "new" case could have it's own issues as you said.

Don
Guy said it worked great, but we know how that goes.

Will give the reset a shot again tomorrow

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
And, THERE ya go!!!!!!

😂 😂

Don

21 - 30 of 30 Posts