Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in July I sold my scat pack for the Durango. Needed a bigger family vehicle after realizing we put 30k on my wife’s truck in a year. Did not realize just how much we’d end up using this instead of the truck. So this is a build thread for ‘Rango.

Just ordered American Racing long tube headers. I’ve got eibach springs, track hawk sway bar, and BWoody’s sway bar links on the way. LMI intake. And next week I’ll ship the pcm out to Diablo or HP Tuners (on the fence which way to go) to be unlocked and get it tuned. Built a new sub box this week to free up some space in the trunk (still need to carpet it). Did a clay, polish, wax job on it for the first time since I bought it and truthfully probably in the trucks life.
Car Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

Car Vehicle Grille Hood Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Billet R/T TNG
810 Posts
Nice work. Always feels good looking back at what it was like prior to some babying.

·
Registered
2018 Brass Monkey Durango RT
55 Posts
Looking good. Really want to see it on the eibach springs.

What shocks do you have on the rear?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Load leveling but I’ve got the bilstein’s to swap out to non load leveling.

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Durango R/T AWD Blacktop Edition
163 Posts
Load leveling but I’ve got the bilstein’s to swap out to non load leveling.
Nice! Let us know how the bilsteins work out for you. I have a ‘17 RT and my suspension has been a little too stiff for my liking since I bought the truck…I’ve heard the bilsteins have a smoother ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Started the lowering kit, track hawk sway bar, and new sway bar links all the way around. Rear wasn’t terrible to do. Just a lot of stuff to unbolt and put together. The front fought me the entire damn way. I finally had to call it quits after working on it for 6hrs straight. Still gotta do driver front and front sway bar links.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

Font Gas Auto part Motor vehicle Metal

Scaled reptile Reptile Gas Snake Metal

Crankset Bicycle tire Automotive tire Vehicle brake Bicycle fork

White Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas

·
Registered
55 Posts
Started the lowering kit, track hawk sway bar, and new sway bar links all the way around. Rear wasn’t terrible to do. Just a lot of stuff to unbolt and put together. The front fought me the entire damn way. I finally had to call it quits after working on it for 6hrs straight. Still gotta do driver front and front sway bar links.
Nice pictures. Look forward to more!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Man that looks really good. I like it. How's it ride now?

Did you happen to measure before/after?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dunno. Went to run errands with the family in it and heard a knocking so we parked it. Realized it was because I forgot to finish torquing the top strut nut. Got that fixed but haven’t had a chance to drive it since. I didn’t get any before or after but it went from 3-4 fingers to about 2 fingers. And it still needs to settle.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Went for a quick trip and the strut nut was the noise. Seems to ride nice and flat. Taught yet compliant. Time will tell as I put more miles on it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This thing has settled nicely.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

And to hell with whoever was responsible for this scenario. Driver headlight burned out. You’ve gotta double fist it from the hole in the fender well and the top side after removing the intake. The passenger one requires you to remove the PCM and double fist it as well.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Haha yup, what a pain to change a bulb. In all honesty it’s easier and maybe faster to remove the whole front fascia and remove the headlight to change the passenger side bulb. A lot less curse words and bloody knuckles.

Build thread: 2016 R/T - awehlage’s build

·
Registered
2014 Durango RT 392
1,217 Posts
Haha yup, what a pain to change a bulb. In all honesty it’s easier and maybe faster to remove the whole front fascia and remove the headlight to change the passenger side bulb. A lot less curse words and bloody knuckles.

Build thread: 2016 R/T - awehlage’s build
But the facia tabs break very easily. I would not recommend it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Doing it from both ends isn’t terrible, just not fun. Especially that stupid little tab. Trying to figure out which way to pop that off blind is a pain.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts