Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The chrome logo on the center cap was bothering me—a lot. I had my friend paint the logo a bright red to match up to the Brembo calipers. He removed the center caps, then separated the cap & painted the inner center (which includes the logo). This allowed a perfect paint application without having to tape off the outside cap.

I think it looks awesome! This is how the center caps should have came from the factory. The weather is crappy out, so I can’t get some nice cleaned up photos, but you get the idea.

My tint guy is ordering some dark tint to cover up the front side markers, just waiting on him to get it

·
Registered
376 Posts
The chrome logo on the center cap was bothering me—a lot. I had my friend paint the logo a bright red to match up to the Brembo calipers. He removed the center caps, then separated the cap & painted the inner center (which includes the logo). This allowed a perfect paint application without having to tape off the outside cap.

I think it looks awesome! This is how the center caps should have came from the factory. The weather is crappy out, so I can’t get some nice cleaned up photos, but you get the idea.

My tiny guy is ordering some dark tint to cover up the front side markers, just waiting on him to get it

View attachment 113095 View attachment 113096
I like!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Me too!

·
Registered
4 Posts

My tint guy is ordering some dark tint to cover up the front side markers, just waiting on him to get it

[

Did the red covers come stock?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did the red covers come stock?
Red covers for the brakes? Those aren’t covers, that’s a $395 option to have the calipers painted red from the factory but you need to have the Tow N Go package in order to have them red.

·
Registered
327 Posts
The one thing I'd change if possible is...... See those orange turn signals on the front wheel arch? I wish those could have a smoked appearance to them. The orange and red combination clashes.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Red covers for the brakes? Those aren’t covers, that’s a $395 option to have the calipers painted red from the factory but you need to have the Tow N Go package in order to have them red.
That’s the $395 option for red Brembos on the T&G package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So wait hold up I didn't notice this before, so if you order a 2021 R/T Tow n Go package you actually get "SRT" logos on the calipers? I knew that you got the bigger Brembo calipers just like my Scat Pack has the bigger Brembo brakes that are on the Hellcat, but my Scat Packs Brembos dont have an "SRT" logo on them they have the "Brembo" logo because my Scat Pack is an R/T not an "SRT". Why would Dodge want to upbadge the calipers weird if you ask me.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The one thing I'd change if possible is...... See those orange turn signals on the front wheel arch? I wish those could have a smoked appearance to them. The orange and red combination clashes.
Yes, I mentioned in my post at the bottom that my tint guy is ordering the dark tint for the sidemarkers.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Looks great! I was thinking about doing this too. Mine is exact twin of yours on the outside, I'm finally picking it up today after 4 months of waiting. I also got a roll of tint to do the front side markers

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So wait hold up I didn't notice this before, so if you order a 2021 R/T Tow n Go package you actually get "SRT" logos on the calipers? I knew that you got the bigger Brembo calipers just like my Scat Pack has the bigger Brembo brakes that are on the Hellcat, but my Scat Packs Brembos dont have an "SRT" logo on them they have the "Brembo" logo because my Scat Pack is an R/T not an "SRT". Why would Dodge want to upbadge the calipers weird if you ask me.
You are correct. The standard Brembos are black with the brembo logo on the Tow N Go package. The red calipers are $395 and say on the window sticker "Red Brembo Brakes with SRT Performance Pads". Only the red calipers say SRT on them, which I don't like either.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Yup! Gotta go old school!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just picked up my with 2021 R/T with Tow N Go last week .

I've been looking for replacement side marker lenses as two tint shops told me I couldn't have them tinted. Please post pictures after you tint the markers.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I’ve already fixed that easily...

·
Registered
380 Posts
And you can tint them , I did but I used the charger side marker tint from luxe. It fits almost perfect with minor cutting. I have a thread about it in the appearance section. Check it out. I’ve used them on all chargers in the past. They don’t have pre cut ones yet for the 21 dd but the non wb charger ones are almost perfect . Just cut a tiny bit off the top. I’ll put the link later to my thread. No need to change to LEd lights when you can just add the tint.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Which shade did you go with for your Durango?

And you can tint them , I did but I used the charger side marker tint from luxe. It fits almost perfect with minor cutting. I have a thread about it in the appearance section. Check it out. I’ve used them on all chargers in the past. They don’t have pre cut ones yet for the 21 dd but the non wb charger ones are almost perfect . Just cut a tiny bit off the top. I’ll put the link later to my thread. No need to change to LEd lights when you can just add the tint.

·
Registered
376 Posts
You are correct. The standard Brembos are black with the brembo logo on the Tow N Go package. The red calipers are $395 and say on the window sticker "Red Brembo Brakes with SRT Performance Pads". Only the red calipers say SRT on them, which I don't like either.
Interesting.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Interesting.
When I went to look at the Durango, I was kind of shocked that the calipers have SRT on them. I don’t like it because I don’t have a SRT obviously. I feel like one of those nerds who put badges on vehicles to look cool.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

I sent a message to Diode Dynamics asking them if the Charger LED side markers work on the Durango. They said no but added that they haven’t had a ‘21 Durango to check. Part of me thinks that FCA didn‘t spend the money to tool up a new side marker for the Durango & that they used the “parts bin” for those.......

1 - 20 of 23 Posts