Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time since I’ve been on the forum, but I ordered my ‘21 R/T with Tow N Go on 8/18 with the GM of the Dodge dealership I use. Build info is as follows:

Destroyer Grey
Red Interior
Tow N Go
Carbon Fiber Accents
Blacktop Package
Captains Chairs
Harman Kardon
Premium Interior Group
Blind Spot
Red Calipers
MSRP—$62,055
FWP—$59,054

I also built SRT identical to this & it was almost $10K more. The 392 isn’t worth the money to me after driving one.

I traded in my ‘15 R/T Durango & ‘15 Charger Hellcat on a used ‘18 Trackhawk in June ‘19. The TH was $99K window sticker, had 8100 miles & was mint condition. I was able to negotiate price to $72K before trade-ins. In March this year, some jerk hit rear passenger door in parking lot, was around $1200-$1500 damage. A good friend who is GM at Caddy Dealer told me about the crazy deals (COVID was just starting & car sales were terrible). I got $19,500 off brand new ‘20 Escalade & they gave me $71K for Trackhawk with the damaged door & I had 24K miles on it! I couldn’t pass up the deal based on financial benefits of the deal. I never planned on keeping Escalade for long—it’s a boring vehicle but they are worth money on trade.

I’m excited for the Durango, I actually prefer driving it compared to Escalade. I’ll post pics when it comes in.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Congrats! I also ordered a Destroyer Grey Tow n Go R/T. You ordered yours before I did so you should get yours sooner. I'm excited to see it! Especially the interior. I didn't get the premium interior or carbon fiber accents. I figured the new dash design would be enough of an upgrade from our 2018.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw your thread & didn’t want to hijack it. Good color choice, lol. I wanted the gunmetal stripes but the only option when they ordered mine was red stripes—no thanks. I’m going to wrap the roof gloss black, tint windows & rear taillights, Corsa exhaust & put on Eibach lowering springs. She should look pretty sharp after that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Long time since I’ve been on the forum, but I ordered my ‘21 R/T with Tow N Go on 8/18 with the GM of the Dodge dealership I use. Build info is as follows:

Destroyer Grey
Red Interior
Tow N Go
Carbon Fiber Accents
Blacktop Package
Captains Chairs
Harman Kardon
Premium Interior Group
Blind Spot
Red Calipers
MSRP—$62,055
FWP—$59,054

I also built SRT identical to this & it was almost $10K more. The 392 isn’t worth the money to me after driving one.

I traded in my ‘15 R/T Durango & ‘15 Charger Hellcat on a used ‘18 Trackhawk in June ‘19. The TH was $99K window sticker, had 8100 miles & was mint condition. I was able to negotiate price to $72K before trade-ins. In March this year, some jerk hit rear passenger door in parking lot, was around $1200-$1500 damage. A good friend who is GM at Caddy Dealer told me about the crazy deals (COVID was just starting & car sales were terrible). I got $19,500 off brand new ‘20 Escalade & they gave me $71K for Trackhawk with the damaged door & I had 24K miles on it! I couldn’t pass up the deal based on financial benefits of the deal. I never planned on keeping Escalade for long—it’s a boring vehicle but they are worth money on trade.

I’m excited for the Durango, I actually prefer driving it compared to Escalade. I’ll post pics when it comes in.
Congratulations!!! Great Choice.

·
Registered
416 Posts

Destroyer Grey
Red Interior
Tow N Go
Carbon Fiber Accents
Blacktop Package
Captains Chairs
Harman Kardon
Premium Interior Group
Blind Spot
Red Calipers
MSRP—$62,055
FWP—$59,054

My wife wants a Tahoe/Yukon. Giving you used to drive Escalade why would you choose a Durango over another Escalade?

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
Might want her to drive one. The dealer let us take one home for a day....Wife took it to work when she got back home, she was in tears saying no way she could drive anything that big every day.
So like Goldilocks the Durango's size is just right.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I saw your thread & didn’t want to hijack it. Good color choice, lol. I wanted the gunmetal stripes but the only option when they ordered mine was red stripes—no thanks. I’m going to wrap the roof gloss black, tint windows & rear taillights, Corsa exhaust & put on Eibach lowering springs. She should look pretty sharp after that.
Ahh haha. I almost got stripes but I did the order over the phone. He said they had silver or grey. Not knowing the grey was the gun metal I passed on em. My tint guy can do the stripes for me. But I'm leaning towards having the hood/roof wrapped in matte black. Not the entire hood, kind of like what they did on the Mopar Edition Durango. I'm also thinking about Mopar springs. Eibachs are cool though, I had some on my Challenger R/T and the stance was nice. But don't want to go that low on the Durango.

·
Registered
280 Posts
My wife wants a Tahoe/Yukon. Giving you used to drive Escalade why would you choose a Durango over another Escalade?
My guess would be because they are big and the driving dynamics aren't interesting. The Durango is so good because of its German roots, the 'lade is a truck loaded with tech and luxury.

·
Registered
517 Posts
You can also install the stripes later for like 300$ not the 1200$ dealer charges

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My wife drives a ‘18 Tahoe RST with the 6.2L/10-speed, this is her second Tahoe. She loves it for the kids, winter driving & she feels safe in it. The Escalade is pretty much the same truck, just a fancier dash/interior/tech. To me, its like driving a couch, lol

·
Registered
416 Posts
Got it, thanks for being helpful members. I drove a Yukon, when it came time to brake that thing would not stop, I case you ever need to. Thanks for your feedback.

How does an RT compare to a 5.3 GMC engine? Aa far as towing and over all power dynamics?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got it, thanks for being helpful members. I drove a Yukon, when it came time to brake that thing would not stop, I case you ever need to. Thanks for your feedback.

How does an RT compare to a 5.3 GMC engine? Aa far as towing and over all power dynamics?
The R/T is hands down 100x better than the 5.3/6-speed GM combo!

·
Registered
32 Posts

Destroyer Grey
Red Interior
Tow N Go
Carbon Fiber Accents
Blacktop Package
Captains Chairs
Harman Kardon
Premium Interior Group
Blind Spot
Red Calipers
MSRP—$62,055
FWP—$59,054

I ordered a '21 Reactor blue Rt with tow N go on Aug 8th.. all parts just got delievered so waiting on build. Black interior with carbon accent and almost fully loaded. $63K

·
Registered
163 Posts
I ordered a '21 Reactor blue Rt with tow N go on Aug 8th.. all parts just got delievered so waiting on build. Black interior with carbon accent and almost fully loaded. $63K
Nice! Reactor Blue is a cool color, don't see it is often as the rest.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My build is similar to yours as well. I went with the Gunmetal stripes with black Nappa and decided the new dash is livable without the Premium Interior Group and forged carbon accents, otherwise I'd be back to SRT money. I currently have a Trackhawk as well haha. I was betting they'd bring back Power Dollars but it appears they didn't. However there is consumer cash of $2950 and Chrysler Capital cash of $750. You can do 0% for 36mos in lieu of the $750. What I'm not certain of is the fact bottom steering wheel being standard on the R/T or if it's added with Tow N Go. Mine better have it or I'll be pissed. My ship date has already passed even though it was built on October 27th.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Picked up my R/T Tow-N-Go today. The interior is absolutely awesome, the new 10.1 & Uconnect 5 is amazing & the upgraded exhaust that comes with this package sounds excellent (probably the first time I can say I won’t put an aftermarket exhaust on). Here’s some pics:

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
That color looks great on the Durango...I hate it on a Charger/300 for some reason...maybe its the blacktop that helps.
The interior is off the chart! Looks custom...nice job Dodge!

1 - 20 of 89 Posts