Dodge Durango Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Member from MN

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times

New Member from MN

Looking to purchase a 2015 Durango RT for my wife. 27000 miles asking around 32000 for it. It's completely loaded minus the rear dvd entertainment. Just curious if this price is out of line and if there is anything I need to keep an eye out for. Thanks and I look forward to everyone's responses. Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Vehicle
    2000 Dodge Durango
    Mods
    A/C delete, Intermediate shaft delete, cat back exhaust.
    No I think it's good. I litterally today just bought a 2015 R/T for 27500 with 48,xxx miles.

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    That's about how our '16 R/T is equipped. We picked it up about a month ago with 44k miles on it for $31k. That seems right in line with what you're talking about, being a year newer with higher miles... also in MN btw.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DodgeDurango.net
    Advertisements

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    ok good. to know. I've read that water pumps might be an issue with these. Seems like an easy enough repair. You guys end up buying an extended warranty? I think I'm going to get a skid plate package for mine. The dealer I'm buying it from provides a lifetime powertrain warranty which is nice. Anything else I should be keeping an eye out for? How do you guys like yours so far. Anything you wish you would have gotten with it or asked for?

Durango Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    748 times
    Vehicle
    2014 Citadel Hemi, 2001 SLT+4.7L
    Mods
    4.7L HO cams, Fastman TB, Superchips, R/T rims, Street Scene front bumper cover
    Lifetime warranty? If they do offer, its not through the factory and much be aftermarket warranty as I believe FCA ended the lifetime warranty sometime in '18.
    Good Luck.

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    It's just through Walser. There are a couple dealers thoughout the Minneapolis/St paul area that offer a lifetime powertrain if you buy through them. Forest Lake Chrysler is one of them. Same thing with Forestlake Chevrolet. They are trying to sell me an aftermarket lifetime everything warranty for like 2800 bucks. I'm a bit skeptical about it, especially since I'll already have the lifetime powertrain through that dealer.

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I just have the remainder of the factory powertrain warranty. We considered an extended warranty (Mopar) through Zeigler, but haven't done anything about it yet. I'm thinking that if there is an underlying issue that it was traded for it'll show up before the powertrain warranty runs out.

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Yeah I'm opting to not go for the extended warranty. I'll just see how it goes. I haven't heard of a ton of problems under 100k minus the water pump. I'm pretty good at taking care of those other things so I'll roll the dice. I plan on doing a couple things to it right away. Skid plates and a bright pedal kit.

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I hadn't even thought of skid plates. I have them on our Grand Cherokee, but it never occurred to me on the Durango.

In all reality, the Durango probably needs them more on road, with its lower ride height than the JGC.

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    That was kind of my theory.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links