Dodge Durango Forum banner

Does anyone know the make of these wheels from the 2011 sema show Black and tan duran

4K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Lanson 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Its a 3 piece custom forged wheel, runs about 1200-2000 per wheel, depending on features.

Almost ANY quality 3 piece wheel forging company can replicate this wheel. Or make you something even better, if you want.

I've only done 3 piece forged wheels once and I will likely never do it again (cost!), but that's what you get when you go custom forged... a truly stunning wheel.

#6 ·
Give Triumph Forged a call he will make any wheel you want in two or three piece... I have him working on a set right now for my Rango been working with the owner for years making custom wheels.

Reactions: Lanson
#4 ·
I would not recommend the place I used. Despite the expense, I had many annoying issues and I did not enjoy the experience one bit.

But here's the manufacturer of the wheels on the "Black and Tan" Durango, according to the SEMA report on it Forged Wheels - SuperAlloy International

Brands I'd recommend probably:

Savini XC line is very nice, and has two wheel types that get close to the one you're looking at SV65 XC | Savini Wheels SV47 XC | Savini Wheels

But there are tons of forged wheel companies out there. ADV.1, Avant Garde, WTW brands (Gianelle, Giovanna, KoKo, etc.),

But just a head's up, the pic you are showing is a RENDER, while the real thing was far more tame:
SEMA 2010: Dodge Durango Citadel "Black and Tan" Photo Gallery - Autoblog
specifically, you can see the render has much more concave action than the real thing

And the render approximates a 23 to 24" wheel, while the 22" they used (along with a mild suspension setup) really doesn't blow the mind like the render does.

That's the problem with renders, it is likely the render was an impossible combination, given the required offset of the wheels (can't change the hub distance to the fender, for instance.)

I really like how one of our members here went with Blaque Diamond BD3 in 22". Just GORGEOUS. I'd probably fight to get a taller tire if it fit, but otherwise just perfection IMO

#5 ·
I did notice the picture of the actual wheels and they do look total different. I wasn't to sure if the picture I posted was a rendering but seems so. The members wheels that you posted are sweet but not the direction I'm heading. Thanks for the info. I'll be doing a lot more research on finding my perfect fit!

#7 ·
As long as you have a vision (a reasonable render will do), and the wheel maker understands the offset needs, the wheel should come out correct.

I like Finspeed for forged wheels but they are all about performance, so they only make 1 piece forged beauties. They haven't made wheels for me but have for others I know, and all have been more than pleased.

G
#8 ·
I have been trying to find out the manufacturer of those wheels, thanks for putting my search to an end, i never realised they were rendered. I do love the Savini wheels you recomend. Now my problem is to find them in Philippines :)

#9 ·
That shouldn't be too hard, but they might cost more out there, or more to get.

Asanti forged has a five-axis wheel that looks almost exactly like the render. That render would be sized more like a 24" just going by the tire size. But then again, that's just a render!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.