Thread: Carven 5" bolt on tips

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Vehicle
    '19 DDSRT

Carven 5" bolt on tips

I have a problem. I haven't even taken delivery of the DDSRT yet and I have started accumulating parts. I've never liked chrome exhaust tips and from the countless hours of staring at the back end of the SRT's the exhaust tips size just seamed small to me. These are 5" black ceramic coated tips from Carven and are supposedly bolt on, so hopefully soon I'll be able to verify. At $230 they are far from cheap, but I just spent almost $70k on a vehicle and I got tired of repainting my last vehicles tips every so often so why not.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Carven 5" bolt on tips-mvimg_20190513_131543726_1557776519664.jpg  

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Those tips are Awesome.

Looking forward to the installed pictures.
    * Greg *

2018 SRT Durango

Sold But Not Forgotten:
    2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2012 Shelby GT500, 2005 Ram Daytona 4x4, 2003 Cobra

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruck454 View Post
    I have a problem. I haven't even taken delivery of the DDSRT yet and I have started accumulating parts. I've never liked chrome exhaust tips and from the countless hours of staring at the back end of the SRT's the exhaust tips size just seamed small to me. These are 5" black ceramic coated tips from Carven and are supposedly bolt on, so hopefully soon I'll be able to verify. At $230 they are far from cheap, but I just spent almost $70k on a vehicle and I got tired of repainting my last vehicles tips every so often so why not.
    I definitely will be checking out the 5" black tips from Carven.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DodgeDurango.net
    Advertisements

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Why didn't you just use a little sandpaper and then apply a nice coat of Satin Black. It seems a shame to discard the nice standard stainless factory equipment.
    A lot of "youngsters" don't appreciate the excellent stainless exhaust systems that are now factory installed. In the old days, the whole system would be a pile of rusted crap in 2 or 3 years and the tips would look like shxx in 6 months. Now, the systems can last forever almost.

By the way, I'm still waiting for delivery too.

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Vehicle
    '19 DDSRT
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerdrop View Post
    Why didn't you just use a little sandpaper and then apply a nice coat of Satin Black. It seems a shame to discard the nice standard stainless factory equipment.
    A lot of "youngsters" don't appreciate the excellent stainless exhaust systems that are now factory installed. In the old days, the whole system would be a pile of rusted crap in 2 or 3 years and the tips would look like shxx in 6 months. Now, the systems can last forever almost.

By the way, I'm still waiting for delivery too.
    I hear what you're saying. My current truck has a cat back and I sanded and painted the tips satin black. I used about a whole can of Rust-Oleum Universal on just the tips. It's held up good for 4 years, so that was definitely something I was considering doing to the DDSRT.

What made me buy these was I felt the stock 4" tips were just too small so these killed two birds with one stone.

I tend to order all my vehicles because I'm so particular so I should be used to the wait, but for some reason this wait is the hardest.

Member #
    Liked
    155 times
    Vehicle
    '16 Challenger Hellcat & '18 Durango R/T
    IF the SRT exhaust is like the R/T the OE tips are welded on & will need to be cut off !
    '16 Challenger Hellcat, Maximum Steel , A8, Carbon Fiber stripes, Summer Tires, Mud flaps, 30% Tint, Black Lugnuts
    '18 Durango R/T, Vice White, Black Leather, Tow pkg, Blacktop pkg, Performance Tires, Tint, Mud flaps, Black Lugnuts, Blast'in Bob's DMF250

Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeD1 View Post
    IF the SRT exhaust is like the R/T the OE tips are welded on & will need to be cut off !
    That was what I thought but it looks like the SRT tips are clamped on....and Carven advertises "no cutting." A bigger concern is that there is not much clearance with the 4" factory tips.....and those suckers will get hot.....I'd be concerned about heat damage to the bumper fascia. In any event....please post photos after the install.

Sponsored Links