PowerStop z26 Pads; Epic fail???
Close
Login to Your Account
Dodge Durango Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By MikeD1
  • 1 Post By drag racer
  • 5 Post By 6104696

Thread: PowerStop z26 Pads; Epic fail???

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    62 times

Powerstop Z26 pads; Epic success.

So I bought a set of Z26 pads. Z26-1405 for the fronts, and Z26-1053 for the rears. Front right was first.....old pads came out no problem, new pads slipped in....but then I couldn't get the lower pin back in. The hole in the pad did not line up with the hole in the caliper. The pad needed to go in about another millimeter, but it was a hard stop. I had to put the pin in at an angle to get it into the hole for the inner caliper but then it would not have lined up with the other caliper. I tried and tried...inserted and reinserted the pad......no joy. Tried all 4 pads (they are all the same in the kit); same problem. Put the old pads back in with no drama, and put everything away. Didn't bother with the other wheels....

Anybody else run into a similar problem? Very unhappy right now......

EDIT/UPDATE: Powerstop customer service is awesome; see post #6. I need to try to update the title of this thread from "Epic fail?" to "Epic Success."
    Last edited by 6104696; 04-17-2019 at 08:03 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Vehicle
    '16 Challenger Hellcat & '18 Durango R/T
    Loads of guys swapping these out on the Hellcat forum with no issues, I'd call PowerStop & see what they had to say.
    drag racer likes this.
    '16 Challenger Hellcat, Maximum Steel , A8, Carbon Fiber stripes, Summer Tires, Mud flaps, 30% Tint, Black Lugnuts
    '18 Durango R/T, Vice White, Black Leather, Tow pkg, Blacktop pkg, Performance Tires, Tint, Mud flaps, Black Lugnuts, Blast'in Bob's DMF250

Member #
    Liked
    142 times
    Vehicle
    2018 R/T
    I've have been hearing the same on the Charger forums, and will probably change out my super dusty Brembos on my Daytona 392 to these pads as well. I bet they just sent the wrong pads out, as I've heard nothing but great things from this company.

Sent from my SM-T837V using Tapatalk
    2018 R/T
    Muffler Delete, Tail Light Vinyl, Dodge Tail Light Letters Removed, Black Exhaust Tips, Chrome Tailgate Letters Replaced W/ Blacktop Badges, Chrome R/T Front Grill Badge, Thinkware F800 Pro Front & Rear Dash Cam

4. Remove Advertisements
    DodgeDurango.net
    Advertisements

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I've put Z 23's on two SRT Grand Cherokees and my current DD SRT, all because of the OEM pad dust. On every one I had to break the little wear indicator off to get the lower pin in. It was hitting the hat section of the rotor. Might be your issue.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Vehicle
    2016 DODGE CHALLENGER SRT HELLCAT, 2019 DODGE DURANGO SRT 392
    I have the Z26 on both my SRTs and have not had issue with pad fitment. But the Powerstop hardware kit for the rears on both cars does not match OEM, and they are aware of it (because I at least have taken detailed photographs and sent them to them) but have not addressed it that I am aware of.

On the Hellcat, the new pins are a smidge too short. On the Durango, the new pins are a mile too short, and the spring clip is not right - had to reinstall the OE Brembo rear hardware on both cars. Not a huge deal, but they need to supply the right hardware.
    frictioncircle likes this.
    2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat - 1 of 1 made

2019 Dodge Durango SRT 392

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    62 times
    UPDATE: I am going to change the title of this thread to "Epic Success." I called Powerstop on monday, spoke to a human, who said that the tech support guy was out but that he would call me back. Not believing in callbacks, I also sent them an e-mail describing the issue. Within an hour I got a reply apologizing for the issue, and saying that they would look into it. The next day (yesterday) I got an e-mail saying that they have identified a fitment issue, and that they would send me a new set of pads with the wear sensors removed.

They OVERNIGHTED them to me; they came today; 2 pads with wear sensors, and 2 pads without. Just like the factory. They fit perfectly. Just got back from the burnishing run. Very happy. Installed the rears, too....no issue. Powerstop RULES.
    MikeD1, jfire72, CaptMoe and 2 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1558 times
    Vehicle
    2007 and 2014 5.7L Grand Cherokees
    Good to hear!

You MIGHT be able to edit the thread title to reflect success.. I'm not sure..
    If I am a good man and sure in all my ways
    The captain of a starship that's homeward bound today
    --
    14 JGC Deep Cherry Overland 5.7L
    07 JGC Red Rock Limited 5.7L
    And some past Durangos
    de W1PF

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Vehicle
    2016 DODGE CHALLENGER SRT HELLCAT, 2019 DODGE DURANGO SRT 392
    Great news! They do have pretty responsive customer service compared to other suppliers I deal with. Did they happen to say anything about the rear hardware issues?
    2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat - 1 of 1 made

2019 Dodge Durango SRT 392

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    62 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tomk View Post

You MIGHT be able to edit the thread title to reflect success.. I'm not sure..
    Yeah....I can't seem to change the title. Sorry, Powerstop....

Quote Originally Posted by drag racer View Post
    Great news! They do have pretty responsive customer service compared to other suppliers I deal with. Did they happen to say anything about the rear hardware issues?
    I didn't raise the issue with the rears so they didn't say anything about it. When I did the rears, I noted that the pins and the clips in the package did not look at all like the factory pieces, but I had no intention of using the Powerstop hardware based on the comments here and the other installation comments that I found.

Sponsored Links