Dodge Durango Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Should I go SRT or RT AWD?

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I didn't need to be convinced, but after watching a You Tube video of a RT vs a SRT, both Durangos, in a drag race, I think anyone with the funds, would not be asking which to purchase. The race was not even close . I wouldn't be surprised if that 3.70 gear really makes a lot of the difference.
    drag racer and 768mph like this.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Vehicle
    2016 DODGE CHALLENGER SRT HELLCAT, 2019 DODGE DURANGO SRT 392
    SRT all the way! Absolutely love ours...
    2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat - 1 of 1 made

2019 Dodge Durango SRT 392

Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Congratulations! You made the right choice. The RT is a great vehicle, no question about it. The srt is an entirely different experience all around. With the SRT it’s really not a matter of need. It’s want vs finances.

Well for me, it was somewhat need ( I could have found a used suburban or ???) I needed the tow capacity over the RT and wanted the performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 DDSRT
    2017 Chyrsler Pacifica Limited
    1966 Chevy Nova

4. Remove Advertisements
    DodgeDurango.net
    Advertisements

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Vehicle
    2018 Durango R/T
    Quote Originally Posted by 66nova View Post
    Congratulations! You made the right choice. The RT is a great vehicle, no question about it. The srt is an entirely different experience all around. With the SRT it’s really not a matter of need. It’s want vs finances.

Well for me, it was somewhat need ( I could have found a used suburban or ???) I needed the tow capacity over the RT and wanted the performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Again, Like a lot of the guys are saying, of course we all want the SRT in an ideal world where money isn't a factor in both initial cost, and gas(minimal by comparison). I personally chose the RT because of the close to $15K less in purchase price, knowing i had a 3rd kid and a likely new home purchase on the horizon. The extra $100/mo was something I knew I could use in a better way than suping up my daily driver. I just bought the house of my dreams, and without that extra $100 a month I wouldn't have been able to give the wife her sunroom. IMO seeing her and my family enjoy that for the next 20 years was worth more than having a bigger engione and some bragging rights.

Not to mention my RT probably has a nicer garage now than your SRT. You know its jealous.
    '18 Durango R/T
    Tints on front windows tail lights(No Halo) and mirror blinker lights.
    Debadged front Dodge Logo and replaced with R/T Logo.
    Rexing V1 Dash Cam

More to come....

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Vehicle
    2018 DDSRT
    Mods
    K/N FILTER FULL AUDIO UPGRADE
    Quote Originally Posted by GoChiSox81 View Post
    Again, Like a lot of the guys are saying, of course we all want the SRT in an ideal world where money isn't a factor in both initial cost, and gas(minimal by comparison). I personally chose the RT because of the close to $15K less in purchase price, knowing i had a 3rd kid and a likely new home purchase on the horizon. The extra $100/mo was something I knew I could use in a better way than suping up my daily driver. I just bought the house of my dreams, and without that extra $100 a month I wouldn't have been able to give the wife her sunroom. IMO seeing her and my family enjoy that for the next 20 years was worth more than having a bigger engione and some bragging rights.

Not to mention my RT probably has a nicer garage now than your SRT. You know its jealous.
    LOL, Id gladly sell any one of my 3 kids to keep my SRT If your happy thats all that matters, however the RT is not even close to the same animal as My SRT. I had a 17 R/T and it was felt like a turd floating through glue next to my SRT. (Just kidding)
    drag racer and 768mph like this.

Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    Vehicle
    18 ddsrt octane red standard interior 2nd row console standard wheels 3 season tires
    haha the circular internet discussion of socio-economics...
    66nova, drag racer and FIRSTCON like this.

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Vehicle
    2019 Dodge Durango SRT (delivered 12/2018)
    I'm very happy with my SRT. But I waited until after my family and I had the house. House first, then SRT.

I remember reading similar advice from Porsche forums: Buy the house first, and save your pennies. Wait until you can buy your (unnecessary but fun) sports car in cash. Then do it. But house first, in any case.

Also maybe in a year or two we'll have a Dodge Durango Trackhawk and used 2019 Durango SRTs will be going for cheap.
    Don Fox and 768mph like this.
    ---
    2019 Durango SRT in Granite Crystal (ordered 9/2018, delivered 12/2018)

Grasshopper
    Member #
    If you decide not to get the SRT, let me know where it is located, and I'll go get it! Lol

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    [QUOTE=Limehemi;742484]Thank you feveryone for your responses!!!

My 12 year old told me that it sounds like I already didn’t like the RT. My two daughters love cars because they’ been brainwashed by me. They are desperately wanting to do burn outs again.

We are going with the SRT. It’s white knuckle with the demonic red Laguna interior. It even has the rare roof racks.

Any things I should pay attention to before I fork over my money?

You’re getting a better deal than I did. Bought my 18 DSRT for 54k at 6k miles on the nose. It was a demo. Took it through this past NE Ohio winter and Snow Mode on stock tires did not disappoint if you’re worried about that sort of thing. I would recommend budgeting for the MoPar lowering springs made for the DSRT. It DOES make a difference in Sport and Track Modes. The other modes you won’t notice as much but if you do that I wouldn’t be towing with it after that modification. Also, since you are a former 392 owner, budget for Power Stops all around if you hate cleaning the brake dust off every week. You lose some bite but you gain time from not having to clean those mammoth 20x10 rims. I plan on adding the header to tail pipe exhaust as soon as one becomes available that won’t cost over 4K and adding 22s to close the tire edge - fender lip gap that remains and I’m done. It’s my daily driver and it has to maintain some level of reliability. My wife had a 15 DRT, enjoyed its utility and power but the overall performance isn’t close to the DSRT.

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Too late I already paid for it and will pick up next week.
    Don Fox and 768mph like this.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links