Login to Your Account
Dodge Durango Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Should I go SRT or RT AWD?

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Thank you feveryone for your responses!!!

My 12 year old told me that it sounds like I already didn’t like the RT. My two daughters love cars because they’ been brainwashed by me. They are desperately wanting to do burn outs again.

We are going with the SRT. It’s white knuckle with the demonic red Laguna interior. It even has the rare roof racks.

Any things I should pay attention to before I fork over my money?
    1BADR/T and Don Fox like this.

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Both Great vehicles, but at $57,000 it sounds like a no brainer
    2016 Dodge Durango RT - Modded
    1993.5 Supra TT HT BPU++++ 6MT 40K orig miles
    2006 ZO6 6MT 703HP 20K miles

Durango Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    729 times
    Vehicle
    2014 Citadel Hemi, 2001 SLT+4.7L
    Mods
    4.7L HO cams, Fastman TB, Superchips, R/T rims, Street Scene front bumper cover
    Quote Originally Posted by 392DurangoSRT View Post
    Get the SRT so you wont have any regrets. Trust me when someone else pulls up next to you in car or truck with the 392 motor and you are in your R/T you are gonna be pissed.
    I'd think R/T owners would be more pissed when a Citadel pulls up next to them with the same Hemi motor/drivetrain and runs even with them....that would piss me off!
    CaptMoe likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DodgeDurango.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Vehicle
    2018 Durango SRT
    Quote Originally Posted by Limehemi View Post
    Hello, long time Mopar buyer. Every vehicle Iíve owned since 2012 has been a Mopar. Iíve had two scat pack challengers and love the 392 motor. I am deciding between a 2018 SRT loaded except for DVD with a sticker of nearly $72k. It has 300 miles and the small town dealership has had it for a year. No issues. They are desperate to get rid of it. Got them down to $57,000. I have the funds to purchase it and insurance is fairly cheap. I am also looking at a 2019 DRT AWD with black top and loaded as well for $47,000. Anyone; have thoughts that they donít need the SRT and could save some cash? I fear I may regret not getting the SRT since Iíve been only considering that. The responsible adult in me has reared its ugly head though. Thx!!
    $57K ???? wow, that's a steal.
    2018 Durango SRT

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Maybe the $57K includes the value of his trade-in. Or maybe there are tons of fees tacked on. Otherwise, that's 15,000 off MSRP which is the best I've ever heard of.
    2017 Durango Citadel Hemi
    2015 Charger R/T Scat Pack
    1968 Charger R/T

Member #
    Liked
    132 times
    Vehicle
    2014 Durango R/T AWD
    Mods
    Tint, SRT hood
    SRT for the win
    2014 Durango R/T AWD, Granite Crystal, Tech&Tow Pkg, Nappa, Captains, Sunroof

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    No trade at all. Just a small town dealer really wanting to sell. The only options missing are the dvd entertainment, live stich dash, and carbon fiber package. Plunked down my deposit and pick it up after our family spring break. Can’t wait to drive it!!!
    66nova, LIDurangoRT and 768mph like this.

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Plus only a $100 doc fee. I think I found my new dealer. I might trade my JLU Rubicon in for a Gladiator this summer with this dealer. I am sick of all the large group dealers. It pays to shop around.
    CaptMoe likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Limehemi View Post
    Plus only a $100 doc fee. I think I found my new dealer. I might trade my JLU Rubicon in for a Gladiator this summer with this dealer. I am sick of all the large group dealers. It pays to shop around.
    What's the name of the dealership?

Member #
    Liked
    62 times
    Vehicle
    2018 SRT Granite Gray Red Leather Seats.
    Mods
    JLT Catch Can.
    At times when we say we can't make a decision, that is that moment of pause that saves you from deciding too quickly and ending up
    regretting your choice. I was the opposite...I drove the SRT home and I said OH LORD! What have I done? The blooms fell off the rose
    so to speak, NOT because of the SRT itself..........but the dealership overcharged me $1100, throwing added charges in on the final bill of
    sale that of course we glance over and $1100 hidden in a $70,000 deal may not be discernible. BUT I FOUND IT!!

Then I had an issue of an electrical short which was NOT analyzed BEFORE I was given the SRT. So it was killing my battery. The dealership
    charged the dead battery and brought the car for me to drive home 100 miles without giving a thought as to WHY the battery was dead.

Once again, it is NOT the SRT that was the issue. It was salespeople with no sense of integrity, and quite a dishonest demeanor in order
    to take this fatted calf to the Chapman altar. Hidden numbers here and there and so while I am fighting for my $1100, AND trying to get
    my SRT fixed, then the General Manager told me I DECEIVED THEM. WHAT?

The Mgr told me I should have pointed the stone chip on the windshield, which was fixed by Safelite weeks before I traded my 2017 Corvette in on the SRT.
    I said WHAT? He told me I deceived them by NOT confessing that flaw. And that they wanted to keep $700 to have the windshield replaced
    in the Corvette. Why didn't THEIR used car appraiser go look at the car. Lay blame where it truly lies.

I have never ever been treated as such and I never will again. My point to all this is.............all the issues had made me think I chose the wrong
    vehicle that I should have just got the R/T as a second thought at another dealership I had thought about purchasing.

The issue was the dealership and it's employees....................but it poisoned my new vehicle experience.

After fighting for a few months to get my money back and to get the dealership OUT OF MY LIFE, the SRT took on a whole new feeling. And to sum up
    this story (sorry) I made the right CHOICE in the vehicle. I made the wrong choice in the dealership. Largest dealership doesn't mean crap when it comes
    to a den of thieves and vipers waiting to prey on the public.

If you have the right car at the right dealership.........then how can you go wrong? If the lights are green, step on the pedal and see if it sounds like an SRT.

If it does, smile and enjoy your purchase and always be grateful when blessings come to you. Best wishes. I have the red interior and love it!!!
    Don Fox and 768mph like this.
    This space for rent

2018 SRT
    2007 Honda Element
    1979 Hurst Olds

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links