Vibration and suspension
Close
Login to Your Account
Dodge Durango Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Vibration and suspension

  1. #1
    Grasshopper
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Nyc
    Posts
    4
    Member #
    51378
    Vehicle
    DDSRT18
    Blog Entries
    2

    Vibration and suspension

    Vibration...Hello, I have a 2018 Durango srt with 6k miles, i Know the MDS switches from 4cyl to 8cyl but does it have to vibrate? I had a 2015 RT and I donít remember feeling the vibration I do now, I know on sport mode it doesnít do it, but its annoying pressing the SRT button every time I get in the car to activate sports mode. Has anyone gotten an upgrade from the dealership to stop the vibration or does anyone has any option for me or I just have to deal with this issue and drive it on sport mode.

    Suspension ....I just wanted to know if by having the SRT the suspension is tighter or hard or both, I could hear every bump on the street when Iím on street mode. My wife has a Honda CR-V and the car feels great takes the pot holes like a champ for half the price, is this normal I never had a high performance car besides the RT I mention, i live in NY pot holes are everywhere my question for you guys, is this normal driving on street mode or any modes feeling the bumps, hearing the shocks or springs whatever they are, I just donít wanna spend a day at the dealership telling them I hear a noise everytime I hit I bump when everyone in a srt hears the same 😉. Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    pa
    Posts
    390
    Member #
    49708
    Liked
    105 times
    Vehicle
    18 ddsrt octane red standard interior 2nd row console standard wheels 3 season tires
    I don't have any real clunking from the suspension....and yes the switching in and out of 4 cylinder is a little annoying so as you do I keep it in sport around town and keep in street for highway..I don't have any fca experience to give you on how the srt suspension stacks up to the rt....I got the srt because of the various modes/performance pages options, and of course the wonderful 392..

  3. #3
    Durango Expert
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    628
    Member #
    3245
    Liked
    146 times
    Vehicle
    2018 Durango SRT
    I notice the vibration but it isn't bad enough that it bothers me. It will usually switch to 4cyl mode when it senses a light load on the engine, which shouldn't happen during city driving. Just gonna have to learn to deal with it.
    As for the suspension, you say you've never had a high performance vehicle before so it is also something you're going to have to get used to. You're comparing your SRT to a CRV? C'mon, man. Stick to comparing your SRT to your old R/T. If there is a noise you feel isn't normal, take it in and have the dealer look at it. And tell them the noise wasn't there in your last Durango.
    I get a rattle type noise from the right side of the truck over certain bumps. But I used to hear the same thing in my R/T. The dealer never found anything wrong with it so I'm thinking it's poor build quality. Maybe a loose panel or something I haven't figured out and neither could the dealer. The SRT will be rougher over the bumps but that is the tradeoff for a better handling vehicle.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    DodgeDurango.net
    Advertisements

  5. #4
    Grasshopper
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Nyc
    Posts
    4
    Member #
    51378
    Vehicle
    DDSRT18
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thank you guys for your feedback, I will schedule a appointment with the dealership and see what they say, this are minor issues, I love everything else about the truck more positive than negatives 👍👍.

  6. #5
    Junior Member azmusclecar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    221
    Member #
    19610
    Liked
    64 times
    Vehicle
    2018 SRT Granite Gray Red Leather Seats.
    Mods
    JLT Catch Can.
    I had a 2017 Corvette that had the MDS in it and the SRT is mild in comparison to the Corvettes MSD. I actually turned off the MSD on the Corvette. Maybe being in a sports car with a tighter space and feel was the cuplrit but the MSD to me in the SRT, it's not too intrusive. I know it's working and when it's not.

    Speaking of suspension settings......back to the Corvette.

    But once again, one cannot compare a Corvette to an SRT. So your analogy of an SRT to a CRV seems to be like apples and oranges. I know it is hard to truly
    get to feel, experience and assess everything in a car on a car just in a few miles test drive. And we quickly plop down our cash and then we actually get to
    experience the vehicle for what it is.

    This was my first big SUV and actually my first FCA product since 1973. I've learned to appreciate what the SRT is, and not to expect things that this vehicle is NOT.

    When you grasp the reality of what you are driving, I begin to accept the little nuances and emotions both good and bad with the vehicle. It's not perfect and never
    will be but I find it fits my wants and needs. It puts the grin on my chin when the throttle kicks in. Yes that was meant to rhyme.
    This space for rent

    2018 SRT
    2007 Honda Element
    1979 Hurst Olds
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross Ironman

  7. #6
    Grasshopper
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3
    Member #
    4446
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic2154 View Post
    Vibration...Hello, I have a 2018 Durango srt with 6k miles, i Know the MDS switches from 4cyl to 8cyl but does it have to vibrate? I had a 2015 RT and I donít remember feeling the vibration I do now, I know on sport mode it doesnít do it, but its annoying pressing the SRT button every time I get in the car to activate sports mode. Has anyone gotten an upgrade from the dealership to stop the vibration or does anyone has any option for me or I just have to deal with this issue and drive it on sport mode.

    Suspension ....I just wanted to know if by having the SRT the suspension is tighter or hard or both, I could hear every bump on the street when Iím on street mode. My wife has a Honda CR-V and the car feels great takes the pot holes like a champ for half the price, is this normal I never had a high performance car besides the RT I mention, i live in NY pot holes are everywhere my question for you guys, is this normal driving on street mode or any modes feeling the bumps, hearing the shocks or springs whatever they are, I just donít wanna spend a day at the dealership telling them I hear a noise everytime I hit I bump when everyone in a srt hears the same 😉. Thanks
    HI Having noise in my suspension too over little bumps sounds like the spare tire is lose but it is not dont know if its in rear or front going to dealer thursday also have 2018 srt

  8. #7
    Durango Expert
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    628
    Member #
    3245
    Liked
    146 times
    Vehicle
    2018 Durango SRT
    Quote Originally Posted by mchemi345 View Post
    HI Having noise in my suspension too over little bumps sounds like the spare tire is lose but it is not dont know if its in rear or front going to dealer thursday also have 2018 srt
    I wonder if I'm hearing the same noise. It comes from the rear but doesn't happen all the time. And I know it isn't the spare tire because I don't have one...

  9. #8
    Grasshopper KC Geezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    54
    Member #
    41226
    Liked
    11 times
    Vehicle
    2018 Durango SRT - White / Black Interior
    This may not be it but I had a rattle caused by the license plate frame rattling against the license plate over bumps and corrected it with a bead of silicone on the plate between the frame.

  10. #9
    Junior Member azmusclecar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    221
    Member #
    19610
    Liked
    64 times
    Vehicle
    2018 SRT Granite Gray Red Leather Seats.
    Mods
    JLT Catch Can.
    Quote Originally Posted by KC Geezer View Post
    This may not be it but I had a rattle caused by the license plate frame rattling against the license plate over bumps and corrected it with a bead of silicone on the plate between the frame.
    Had the same issue with my wifes 2003 Honda Accord.......the noise was like a buzz only happening when we went over like a rumble strip......or certain
    serrations in the road. I was in the trunk removing stuff and finally...............it dawned on me............so IT CAN HAPPEN.
    This space for rent

    2018 SRT
    2007 Honda Element
    1979 Hurst Olds
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross Ironman

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Vibration between 50 and 70 MPH
    By mnjimmy in forum Durango Discussions 2011-13
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 09-22-2017, 01:49 PM
  2. Vibration after leveling kit, wheels and tires
    By Sbhunt24 in forum Durango Wheels & Tires 2011+
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-13-2016, 04:10 PM
  3. popping sound and vibration when turning.
    By Ironworker711 in forum Durango Discussions 1998-03
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-15-2009, 07:35 PM
  4. Noise and vibration from rear wheels
    By prisoner6 in forum Durango Discussions 1998-03
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-23-2006, 09:54 PM
  5. Vibration and noise when in reverse
    By VTengineer in forum Durango Discussions 1998-03
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-17-2005, 07:29 PM