Dodge Durango Forum banner

Is this a good lease deal? 18 GT

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  BLKMAGIC 
#1 ·
Getting different quotes to lease a 2018 GT and wanted to know if anyone else is shopping a lease or previously shopped a lease. I'm looking at and 18 GT equipped with Premium Group, Blacktop Package, & Captains Chairs. MSRP says it's $45,575.

10k miles per year allowed for a 39 month lease.

Best rate I got is $435 a month with $1,560 due at signing which covers the 1st month, bank fee & DMV fees.

Thoughts?

TIA

#4 ·
I initially did a lease on my R/T

then got "buyers remorse"

when I looked at it, the Dealer had a $600 doc fee, the lease company had a $600 Doc fee, and then another Doc fee of 5~600
ended up being ~2k something in "add ons" and Fees on a separate sheet from the Buyers Order.
and I noticed i did NOT get a copy of that sheet to take home, so i had to dig around to figure it out & make some phone calls.

finally, i called my Bank & got real numbers from them, and the Dealer had farkled up my paperwork, so they let back out the Lease and just send them a Bank Draft.

i leased a car years back, and it's just a WEIRD feeling to walk away from it "going I got NOTHING...NOTHING for $3000 down and $_ _ _ a month for 3 years"

call the Dealer, and have him print you a Buyers Order to buy the car, then take that to your Bank, and have your bank go over the numbers with you.
a second set of eyes that is used to looking at numbers might show you which is better?

HTH/YMMV?

I think a DD is a long term vehicle, esp if you get the tow package (all the coolers should help longevity)

#5 ·
No matter what a dealer tells you never put down more than the required security deposit on a lease. That you will get back if you total the vehicle or if it's stolen. Anything else you will not. Take what you would have put down and get it in Ally bank or similar and earn a point on it and draw it monthly towards the payment if you need it.

#6 ·
I got a 2017 R/T Black Top, Tow, Sun Roof, and Tech Package. Sticker was $52k. I got a 39 month lease 12k miles $1000.00 down out the door with Inspections and Oil changes taken care of the life of the lease for $480 a month.
I would never pay $435 a month on a GT model and put $1560 down, NO Man you should be able to get it for $1000.00 down and $415 a Month. Thats what I would go for.

#7 ·
Keep in mind the R/T and GT have different residuals, so just beacuse you pay X for an R/T doesn't mean his holds the same value, which is important in a lease.

I agree, put as little down as possible and do not give them any more than you have to. While you can use the positive equity at trade in time, you do not get the positive equity in an accident or insurance payout, so keep as much money in your pocket as you can.

$435 is NOT a bad payment, especially with taxes included, for what you are getting. Is there wiggle room to save a little more, probably. But if you are comfortable with the payment, happy with the interaction at the dealer and what you are getting, then do it. Peace of mind is more important than $8 a month. If you want to bottom out the pricing as much as possible, shop around, and see if there is a better deal to be had.

As far as "Getting NOTHING for $3000 down and $X per month", what you got was a much cheaper payment than buying for 5 or 6 years worth of payments without worry of any repairs or maintenance (if you negotiate your maintenance in, which you always should with a lease). Yea, you turn it in, and you probably should put $3000 down anyway, but that $400 payment for 3 years would have been $800 for 5-6 years had you bought it out. Thats the beauty of leasing.

Nevermind the fact that if you end up with negative equity, you can wash your hands of it and never worry about it. Whereas if you bought it, and it was in the red, you have to eat that. We had a 2014 Cadillac ATS for my wife, our buyout was $27k-ish after 3 years. It was valued at under $20k. If we had bought it, we would have been screwed at that mark. Instead, we handed them the keys, got a new CTS, and walked out without losing a penny. Leasing works....but only if you want new cars all the time, and don't mind having a payment forever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.