Thread: Lifted Durango Thread

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Vehicle
    2014 Citadel AWD
    Mods
    Corsa Exhaust, Volante Intake, Bilstien 5100 front shocks (1.25" lift), 32" Tires, 20" Light Bar

Lifted Durango Thread

I haven't been here in a while, and I wanted an excuse to share one of my favorite pictures of the D. Make sure you read the sign in the background. Anybody take their Durango offroad? Anybody else actually use low range?

Lifted Durango Thread-durango-snow.jpg

Here's a video from the same trip. My wife made me turn around and go back down.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb2rkukhuj4/

One more pic before we left.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbVWhIzBtwt/

She only wears the roof rack when we're actually using it.
    Last edited by HemiAaron; 11-12-2018 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Add video link
    DeaconBlue likes this.
    2014 Citadel 5.7 AWD
    Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
    Volant Intake - Corsa Exhaust - Rola Roof Rack - Bilstein 5100 Front Shocks, (1.25" Lift) - 32" Hankook Dynapro ATm Tires - 20" Light Bar

Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Vehicle
    2017 Durango SXT / 2012 Honda Pilot
    Mods
    Window visors, 4 - 32G dashcams for 360 recording. 2M ham rig (calsign N4ZAW).RF shielded PCM.
    Oh hail nah! lol! Seriously, tho, that's beautiful! I always wanted to visit that area and Donner Pass.
    From the land of the midnight sauna
    My Hobby Homepage

Durango Expert
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Vehicle
    2014 Limited AWD V6 Premium, Safe/Conveniece & Tow packages, Opt7 LED fog lamps, HD V8 brakes
    Really can't say any hard core off road trails, but off pavement, dirt and gravel roads yes.

I suppose that your wife was screaming at you with the view out the passenger window of that shear drop off

Sure wish the V6 Durango had the 2-spd transfer case which is optional in the V6 Grand Cherokee, as well as a "real" LSD. I just got a pair of the Bilstein 5100 front shocks and will install them with the clips in the second or the 3/4" higher than stock setting to reduce the rake and gain some much needed front ground clearance. Still running stock size 30.5" tall tires. Plus I want to keep the factory Sach's load leveling rear shocks. I would like to install the Jeep Grand Cherokee front toe hooks as well, but since mine is a '14, I need to modify (add cut outs to) the lower grill insert. I already carry the receiver bar with the D-ring shackle for the rear trailer hitch and tow straps - no plans for a winch or a grill guard, push/bull bar.

With your lift and taller 32" tires are you planning on installing step bars? With the Durango's less than optimal approach and departure angles any hard core off roading is most likely out of the question unless you were to remove the lower front fascia and do something with the rear bumper cover and then do some serious lifting. Do you have the factory skid plate package with the; fuel tank, transfer case, under-body and front suspension shields? I may look into installing those as well.

I bet that light bar really helps off road. Do you have any night time, on/off pictures to share?

4. Remove Advertisements
    DodgeDurango.net
    Advertisements

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Vehicle
    2014 Citadel AWD
    Mods
    Corsa Exhaust, Volante Intake, Bilstien 5100 front shocks (1.25" lift), 32" Tires, 20" Light Bar
    Quote Originally Posted by DeaconBlue View Post
    Really can't say any hard core off road trails, but off pavement, dirt and gravel roads yes.

I suppose that your wife was screaming at you with the view out the passenger window of that shear drop off [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.dodgedurango.net/forums/images/smilies/icon_surprised.gif[/IMG]

Sure wish the V6 Durango had the 2-spd transfer case which is optional in the V6 Grand Cherokee, as well as a "real" LSD. I just got a pair of the Bilstein 5100 front shocks and will install them with the clips in the second or the 3/4" higher than stock setting to reduce the rake and gain some much needed front ground clearance. Still running stock size 30.5" tall tires. Plus I want to keep the factory Sach's load leveling rear shocks. I would like to install the Jeep Grand Cherokee front toe hooks as well, but since mine is a '14, I need to modify (add cut outs to) the lower grill insert. I already carry the receiver bar with the D-ring shackle for the rear trailer hitch and tow straps - no plans for a winch or a grill guard, push/bull bar.

With your lift and taller 32" tires are you planning on installing step bars? With the Durango's less than optimal approach and departure angles any hard core off roading is most likely out of the question unless you were to remove the lower front fascia and do something with the rear bumper cover and then do some serious lifting. Do you have the factory skid plate package with the; fuel tank, transfer case, under-body and front suspension shields? I may look into installing those as well.

I bet that light bar really helps off road. Do you have any night time, on/off pictures to share?
    Step bars just catch on the rocks and I need the ground clearance. It’s not that much taller at the doors, although that might change if I add the RRO lift and go to 33’s later.

I don’t do any hardcore off-roading m, like you said, but when I go to the deer lease it’s extremely rocky and I do have to drive through a couple of rock strewn creek bottoms. It was enough that I needed the 5100s and tires not to hit the undercarriage. The 5100s are also great for keeping the front air dam off the curbs when the wife drives. I use my light bar when I’m driving out in the middle of nowhere on the way there. There are some roads out in West Texas where there is much more wildlife than people, and if you’re driving in the wee hours, you may not see another car for an hour or so. The main benefit of the light bar is that it illuminates the sides of the road better to catch that eye shine from a deer or a hog. Sometimes they get outside of a low fence/free range area and end up between the road and one of the high fence ranches, and they can do some crazy things in that situation with a car coming. I may do a full width light bar above the windshield too. My eyes aren’t getting any better.

I haven’t been that impressed with the load leveling. I may look at some sort of air setup in the rear in the future when towing. It still sags plenty.
    2014 Citadel 5.7 AWD
    Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
    Volant Intake - Corsa Exhaust - Rola Roof Rack - Bilstein 5100 Front Shocks, (1.25" Lift) - 32" Hankook Dynapro ATm Tires - 20" Light Bar

Durango Jedi Master
    Member #
    Liked
    349 times
    When I got my D I took my wife for an outing at the local off road driving course sponsored by a local Jeep club for the state. Had her driving in deep water, across hills, over a large rock field and other stuff. She still gets a little scared, but she now =knows that she can drive through that stuff and that the D can, too. That road was nothing to be scared of. I know the Gen 1 is more practical for this stuff, but you did well and should enjoy this sort of stuff. Keep on going.
    Hanson front bumper, Kennesaw rear bumper, Ranch9000xl's w/ remote, Detroit Locker, lots of other goodies

Sponsored Links