Dodge Durango Forum banner

Englishtown NJ Sat March 3rd - Street Wars

9K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  rayjj 
#1 ·
Anyone down for this? I plan on attending as long as nothing pops up between now and then.

#3 ·
Have an Archery Tourney in Englishtown!
They can hunt Rice Burners!
Steve
DOC Pres

#5 ·
Hope the weather stays good and you get to run.
The local track is sticking to their March 3rd opening date.

Two other tracks have already been running on the good weekends, but they're two hrs away.

Most of my time has been spent getting my daughters dragster ready so I haven't even touched the D.

Make sure you post your times.

#10 ·
Well kinda stunk that there were no Durangos or Daks running at all, but I did win my first 3 rounds, and was one of the last 12 in my class. Had some bad runs, but then turned in my best to date, 15.97 @ 82.86 so that made me happy. Hope next time to see some of you guys there. I'll post some vids when I get em on the computer and uploaded somewhere.

#11 ·
NICE

Nice Runs!
I bet your opponents were amazed when you spanked them
Steve
DOC Pres

#13 ·
Great Job!!

We had good weather for our T&T on Sat, except for the wind.

I ran all 5 runs with in.004, so I'm feeling pretty good for the start of the season.

We also got my daughter's car out to the track finally. The learning curve has been pretty steep so far, but we're starting to get a handle on it.

We dropped her times from 9.78 down to 9.25 with in 5 runs.

Attachments

#14 ·
Was funny someone told me they overheard soneone in the staging lanes towards the end of the day they couldn't beleive the Durango was still in it. That made me feel great, but then I lost my next race. Oh well!

#16 ·
rayjj,

Great job on the Cristmas Tree. Half the battle's right there I think. The D's powerband obviously proves to be very consistant and reliable.

When I read, "9.78 down to 9.25" on your Daughter's runs? I gasp. Is that 1/4Mile? Here in Indianapolis, Home of the US Nationals, we only think 1/4 Mile and I know there are 1/8mile tracks. Is she running the 1/4 in sub 10 seconds? If so? Nice! What HP is in those small dragsters?

On the D's runs? spare tire or no? Fuel load in terms of gallons? Octane for the gas? anything special?

Nice job.

IndyDurango

#18 ·
rayjj said:
Here I was doing a little burnout since my run before this I spun pretty good and started to kick out the rear end off the line. Oh yeah I sent that dude home about 16 seconds later. :lol:
Sweeeeet! Kinda fun to cook a little "rice", eh?!?! :lol:

#19 ·
IndyDurango said:
When I read, "9.78 down to 9.25" on your Daughter's runs? I gasp. Is that 1/4Mile? Here in Indianapolis, Home of the US Nationals, we only think 1/4 Mile and I know there are 1/8mile tracks. Is she running the 1/4 in sub 10 seconds? If so? Nice! What HP is in those small dragsters?

On the D's runs? spare tire or no? Fuel load in terms of gallons? Octane for the gas? anything special?
Bump.

#20 ·
We're a 1/4 mile track also, but juniors only run to the 1/8th.

The motor is a standard briggs motor, but with a 3" bore and the cam moved. It also has bigger valves and runs on alcohol.

It probably makes 35-40 HP out of what use to be a 5HP motor.
There's a lot of technology in the clutch also.

D is run with no spare, but now a trailer hitch since I need to tow her car.
less than 1/2 tank nothing special in the gas.
ran tires at 35psi all around. will usually pump up ftont to 45psi to help with rollout but didn't bother. and launch at 1k rpms.

ran 16.02/16.00,16.01,16.01,16.04

#21 ·
Here are a few vids, only one of my runs, cause my buddy is an ass! Nice to bring a friend and he only tapes 1 of my 6 runs, and not even my best one either! There are a few other cool runs here too.

Hemi WK Jeep

Jeep SRT8

Sierra turbo diesel

Charger

Chrysler 300

The push of shame lol

Jeep WJ

Slow Hemi Ram Daytona

Lifted ZJ

Sick H2

My Durango

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.