Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Vehicle
    Dodge Durango R/T

Dodge Durango Aftermarket Exhaust Tips

Hello Everyone,

New to the forum. Recently leased a 2019 Durango RT and was looking to upgrade the exhaust tips. It’s Knuckle White with Black Interior and the Blacktop package, so I was looking to add some black exhaust tips to match the wheels. Was thinking of the Jeep SRT ones, but they will cost over $300 +installation and they would need a reducer, as their inlet size is not 2.25. I’ve measured the stock exhaust tips and they are 4 inches long and 3.5 wide. Was looking for something with an inlet of 2.25 to match the stock, outlet of 4-4.5 and length of 6-7 inches (Double Wall/Slant Cut) to make it look more aggressive, but it has been extremely difficult to find. I have found a Magnaflow that has specs of 2.25 x 4 x 7 but it’s not double wall and it’s SS, so I would have to paint it.

Has anyone found any glossy black tips that did not need some sort of modification? Prefer them to be flush with the cutout, and by my measurements, that’s a max of 7 inches long.

Closest I’ve found Is this: DT-24175BK
    Black Powder Coated 4" Resonated Angle Cut Bell Tip

http://www.dtexhaust.com/images/thum...plmth8rkp69f60

Kinda look like the SRTs but preferred more of a straight line instead of a bell like look. But then again, that may not show.

Thanks for your help!

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Vehicle
    2017 Durango GT
    Mods
    20% Tint, WeatherTech Mats and Rain Guards, Huskey Mud Guards
    Check out Red Tail Performance

I had these on my previous Blacktop Charger, and really liked them.

Edited to add that I think this or this might be close to what you are looking for?
    Last edited by DurangoPickles; 03-03-2019 at 06:28 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    107 times
    Vehicle
    2014 Durango 5.7
    Mods
    Tint, Intake, Wheels, Catch Can, Tinted Tails, Caliper Covers, HID Headlights, BBK Throttle Body
    This is what I have, fit the cutout in the bumper perfectly. I took the bolt out and just welded them on. Easy install and look great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00YC...H9YKDVCF&psc=1

ronrymanr likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DodgeDurango.net
    Advertisements

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Vehicle
    Dodge Durango R/T
    Quote Originally Posted by DurangoPickles View Post
    Check out Red Tail Performance

I had these on my previous Blacktop Charger, and really liked them.

Edited to add that I think this or this might be close to what you are looking for?
    Thank you. I had seen those but they seem to have a matte finish instead of a chrome look.
    ronrymanr likes this.

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Vehicle
    Dodge Durango R/T
    Quote Originally Posted by ORT View Post
    This is what I have, fit the cutout in the bumper perfectly. I took the bolt out and just welded them on. Easy install and look great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00YC...H9YKDVCF&psc=1

Actually look awesome. Quick question though because I have found a few with those specs. The inlet on these is 2.5 and OEM is 2.25. Did you have to add an adapter? Also do you have a side photo? Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    107 times
    Vehicle
    2014 Durango 5.7
    Mods
    Tint, Intake, Wheels, Catch Can, Tinted Tails, Caliper Covers, HID Headlights, BBK Throttle Body
    Quote Originally Posted by R/T19 View Post
    Actually look awesome. Quick question though because I have found a few with those specs. The inlet on these is 2.5 and OEM is 2.25. Did you have to add an adapter? Also do you have a side photo? Thanks
    I can get you a side photo maybe tomorrow, currently in the middle of a snow storm here.

No adapter. What I did is I cut the old tips off flush at the tip leaving an inch or two of pipe coming out of the resonator. Then got a piece of 2.25"id pipe of that same length and put it over that stock piece then put the tip on. That extra sleeve of pipe made it the exact size of the inlet of the tip. Then just welded it all together.

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Vehicle
    Dodge Durango R/T
    I can get you a side photo maybe tomorrow, currently in the middle of a snow storm here.

No adapter. What I did is I cut the old tips off flush at the tip leaving an inch or two of pipe coming out of the resonator. Then got a piece of 2.25"id pipe of that same length and put it over that stock piece then put the tip on. That extra sleeve of pipe made it the exact size of the inlet of the tip. Then just welded it all together.
    No worries. Thanks for the info. Reason why I was asking for side picks is that it seems like the tips are a little further in from the edge of the cutouts, and on the ad itís says that they are 7 inches long. If you also have 2 inches of additional metal in the back. Thatís 9 inches. So I was surprised. I measured the cutouts to be like 7 inches from the resonator.

Member #
    Liked
    107 times
    Vehicle
    2014 Durango 5.7
    Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by R/T19 View Post
    No worries. Thanks for the info. Reason why I was asking for side picks is that it seems like the tips are a little further in from the edge of the cutouts, and on the ad itís says that they are 7 inches long. If you also have 2 inches of additional metal in the back. Thatís 9 inches. So I was surprised. I measured the cutouts to be like 7 inches from the resonator.
    There is enough piping after the resonator that I could have had them about 1/2" short of flush to an inch protruding but I don't like that look of them sticking out. Between the stock pipe and the sleeve you can get it wherever you want it.

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Vehicle
    Dodge Durango R/T
    There is enough piping after the resonator that I could have had them about 1/2" short of flush to an inch protruding but I don't like that look of them sticking out. Between the stock pipe and the sleeve you can get it wherever you want it.
    Thanks. Yes I donít like them protruding either. Want them flush as well.

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Vehicle
    Dodge Durango R/T

Quick question, our stock tips arenít resonated, correct?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links