Dodge Durango Aftermarket Exhaust Tips - Page 4
Close
Login to Your Account
Dodge Durango Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Dodge Durango Aftermarket Exhaust Tips

  1. #31
    Grasshopper
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13
    Member #
    49258
    Liked
    3 times
    Vehicle
    2018 Billet Silver R/T AWD
    Just purchased the black 4 1/2 inch pypes off amazon. Was never a fan of the stock tips for the R/T. Didn't like how the they didn't fill the space on the bumper and the placement seemed too far back. Now just need to find an exhaust shop to install and weld when I receive the tips.

  2. #32
    Junior Member PhilB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    119
    Member #
    48888
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BAD AZ R/T View Post
    Just purchased the black 4 1/2 inch pypes off amazon. Was never a fan of the stock tips for the R/T. Didn't like how the they didn't fill the space on the bumper and the placement seemed too far back. Now just need to find an exhaust shop to install and weld when I receive the tips.

    Believe me you made a great choice!

    As far as a shop welding them on, I myself paid $50

  3. #33
    Grasshopper
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13
    Member #
    49258
    Liked
    3 times
    Vehicle
    2018 Billet Silver R/T AWD
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilB View Post
    Believe me you made a great choice!

    As far as a shop welding them on, I myself paid $50
    Thanks! I need to have the old ones cut off and add an adapter to go from 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 in. Did you have them installed set flush to the bumper or hang out a little bit?

  4. Remove Advertisements
    DodgeDurango.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #34
    Junior Member PhilB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    119
    Member #
    48888
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BAD AZ R/T View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilB View Post
    Believe me you made a great choice!

    As far as a shop welding them on, I myself paid $50
    Thanks! I need to have the old ones cut off and add an adapter to go from 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 in. Did you have them installed set flush to the bumper or hang out a little bit?

    If you scroll back in this post you'll see four pictures that I took of the tips on the vehicle.

  6. #35
    Grasshopper
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    34
    Member #
    52228
    Liked
    5 times
    Vehicle
    Dodge Durango R/T
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilB View Post
    I read the thread, but I was kind of getting confused on what you had installed on your vehicle. Was it the Pypes brand?
    No, I went with the Diamond Black Chrome APR tips. They were 4 inches wide. I was considering the Pypes since they were 4.5, but I ended up buying the APR ones because the glossy shine matched the black glossy wheels and logos well.

  7. #36
    Grasshopper ZPirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Greenville, NC
    Posts
    61
    Member #
    52718
    Liked
    18 times
    Vehicle
    2019 Dodge Durango R/T
    Mods
    SRT wheels, MGP caliper covers, Mopar splashguards, 25% tint
    Quote Originally Posted by R/T19 View Post
    No, I went with the Diamond Black Chrome APR tips. They were 4 inches wide. I was considering the Pypes since they were 4.5, but I ended up buying the APR ones because the glossy shine matched the black glossy wheels and logos well.
    I like your set up. I'm considering doing the same thing with my R/T.
    R/T19 likes this.

  8. #37
    Grasshopper
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    34
    Member #
    52228
    Liked
    5 times
    Vehicle
    Dodge Durango R/T
    Quote Originally Posted by ZPirate View Post
    I like your set up. I'm considering doing the same thing with my R/T.
    Thanks. Make sure you paint the adapter black along with bolts they come with. And just throw on a few tacks to keep them in place.

  9. #38
    Grasshopper
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13
    Member #
    49258
    Liked
    3 times
    Vehicle
    2018 Billet Silver R/T AWD
    I have received the tips and have found a shop that quoted me at $60 to do the job. Will have them installed on Tuesday!

  10. #39
    Grasshopper
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13
    Member #
    49258
    Liked
    3 times
    Vehicle
    2018 Billet Silver R/T AWD
    Really like the way it turned out. Shop only ended up charging me $30 to install.

    Dodge Durango Aftermarket Exhaust Tips-20190611_185121.jpg
    Last edited by BAD AZ R/T; 06-11-2019 at 08:19 PM.

  11. #40
    Junior Member PhilB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    119
    Member #
    48888
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BAD AZ R/T View Post
    Really like the way it turned out. Shop only ended up charging me $30 to install.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190611_185121.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	4.06 MB 
ID:	104360

    Yep. Looks awesome!

    Actually, that's how it should have come from the factory, with 4 1\2 inch tips.

    I'm assuming that you are going to hit the inside reducer with some black paint?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-24-2014, 09:11 PM
  2. Building an exhaust tips? any "tips"?
    By sw1tch_nut in forum Durango Accessories 1998-03
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-17-2010, 09:42 AM
  3. new dual exhaust tips
    By paisley_tele in forum Durango Photos/Videos 1998-03
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-03-2008, 11:12 PM
  4. How do tips affect exhaust sound?
    By Jackseric in forum [General] Dumping Ground
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-20-2005, 02:02 PM